Fannie Mae

It's a SHAME Management does not seem to recognize the IMPORTANCE of FANNIE MAE

Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Technology Specialist in Reston, VA

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

The purpose of FANNIE MAE (contrary to public opinion) is essential to the health of our economy.
There are some individuals passionate about the purpose and remain comitted to doing what's right.
For a long time, FANNIE MAE was well funded for IT projects and initiatives; its a shame, since so much was squandered in the wrong directions.

Cons

The TECHNOLOGY division is filled with both inexperienced and incompetent individuals. The resources are highly inbred, so the dysfunction is challenging to address.
Violations of standards and policy is rampant, excused away by a sense of entitlement or expediency. I suspect most of it is based on inexperience.
I have never seen so many MANAGERS act unprofessionally during meetings, seeking to conceal their incompetence.
They are steadily outsourcing IT functions to managed service providers; while unfortunate for some, quality employees, this is the merciful method to address the problems.

The toughest challenges are still to come. The course will be difficult to maintain, but outsourcing has the consequence of removing much good flesh with the gangerous. You're replacing one problem with a myriad of others.
Have you considered that middle and upper management is the REAL cause of the issues? Some of the most tenured employees are the source of your challenges.

474 Other Employee Reviews for Fannie Mae (View Most Recent)

Great people to work with but not a lot of room for growth in HR

Current Employee - Recruiter I (Operations Coordinator) in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Recruiter I (Operations Coordinator) in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

Benefits are good, people are great.

Cons

Too bureaucratic and regimented. Some managers are good about work/life balance - others are not.

Get to know some of the employees in the trenches.

Great for an Analytical and detailed oriented professional.

Current Employee - Financial Engineer I in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Engineer I in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Highly intellectual Staff
    - Great communication between management and staff
    - Washington DC is a great place to leave

Cons

- slower pace
    - we are in the eye of the financial storm, this comes with additional stresses on the job

The communication is great, the management seems to be stirring the company in the right direction. Expediting tough desions would be helpful

There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae