Fannie Mae
www.fanniemae.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Great benefits but morale horrible, and zero career growth.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

ProsSalary and bonus high when compared to the light workload, team members below Director level are extremely collaborate, very professional and respectful culture, open to working for home.

ConsVery few have real experience in financial services, making it impossible to develop solutions for saving a sinking ship, remains very political despite being in conservatorship; VPs and SVPs have no incentive to foster change, lot's of talk by this group, but little action, most are Washington fat cats making a lot of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you are now the toothless lion; be humble; spend less time hearing yourselves talk in meetings - esp VPs and SVPs - and make decisions.

The Good Times are Gone

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros: Work life balance, compensation and teamwork Cons: The outsourcing of the Technology Division to Managed Service Providers,frequent… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Passive environment, very bureaucratic

Senior Data Management and Governance Analyst (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros: Great place to have market exposure and to build professional skills… Cons: Very passive place overall, no sens eof urgency in any… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fannie Mae.

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fannie Mae reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fannie Mae CEO Tim Mayopoulos. All reviews posted anonymously by Fannie Mae employees.