Fannie Mae

www.fanniemae.com

Good mission; unbearable corporate culture that rewards based on favoritism.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsExcellent benefits and compensation. Love the mission and what the company stands for. Excellent place for work-life balance. Great opportunity to learn.

ConsExtremely political company - it's all about how long you have worked at Fannie Mae and whether Senior Level Management likes you. I would not recommend this as a place to work. There is so much waste - yet - so such could be done better and more efficiently. It is like going back 20 years in terms of how things are managed. Managers tend to do little within their own team to promote an environment of team work and commaraderie; they tend to be out for themselves. I've never worked in a culture like this - it's a depressing place to be every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the company, pay attention to the rank and file. And - start observing your "managers" in action. It will explain the low morale that exists at the company.

Very Toxic and stressful environment

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Fannie Mae

Pros: Somewhat flexible schedule, compensation, benefits Cons: No career advancement, Unfair treatment of some employees, Poor Management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work for....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros: Work with smart people, heavy emphasis on training, GREAT management Cons: No promotion within the firm. Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fannie Mae.

Worked for Fannie Mae? Contribute to the Community!