Fannie Mae

www.fanniemae.com
  www.fanniemae.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae

My experience was good, however due to economic problems in the industry the company is undergoing many changes.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

My compensation was great. There is alot of flexibility on the job. Work and life balance are sought after and respected.

Cons

The company is undergoing many changes that are causing massive layoffs. The company is downsizing due to problems in the mortgage industry. Also changes with the relationship with the federal govt will great effect the future of this company and due to all of these factors, not many people will have a future here.

Management needs to work more effectively with each other so there is cohesiveness within the organization. Because of this lack of working together, eventually the employees have to pay for it with the loss of their job.

485 Other Employee Reviews for Fannie Mae (View Most Recent)

A brutish sweat shop for immigrant engineers wanting to gain a foothold in the local economy

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Herndon, VA

I worked at Fannie Mae

Pros

Great benefits package, competitive pay, sharp technical talent that is very motivated and dedicated, good software deployment processes and robust software products.

Cons

Hard-core sweat shop mindset, rude and arrogant middle and senior management that is purely in it for building their personal fiefdoms, outrageously long working hours for technologists, no repect for diversity and dissenting viewpoints, constant interciene warface amongst the various technology related departments, vicious "survival" no holds barred politics within teams, HR that is either overtly aggressive or merely a mouthpiece for senior management.

Get rid of most of middle management, most of them have never been outside of Fannie (or its been too long), and have no other professional interest but to hang on to their jobs.Improve work life balance for your technologists, they are the ones who really make it happen.

Contractor point of view

Current Employee - Contractor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Contractor in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fannie Mae

Pros

+Good pay
    +Professional but not overly professional

Cons

-as a contractor you can be let go with no warning
    -every group only cares about their output, not knowledgeable enough on how they affect others

The atmosphere is just a little too hierarchical. I am a contractor but it would help if the way I was treated didn't constantly remind me about it.

There are newer employer reviews for Fannie Mae