Fantasy Interactive

www.f-i.com

Talent, Hard Work, Passion and Perfectionism = Fi

Pros

Great diversity of super interesting clients and projects. Complete ownership over own work and projects, no Account or PM red tape. Super talented, driven and passionate people across all disciplines. Very collaborative and multi-disciplinary. Direct contact with clients, even for juniors. Lots of international projects so you get to travel internationally, or work out of the different Fi offices in the world.

Basically, people at Fi are the most talented and diverse people I've ever worked with. A total "idea" place. You'll learn more here than at any other place, work harder, work faster, and work on more projects. Not a single minute to spare, so if creating digital experiences is your passion and hobby and your life, Fi is amazing. Compensation is great, and there is an abundance of awesome free food, drinks, games and good music on the floor too :-)

Cons

High turn-over of people. A "must get it right the first time" mentality. Mediocracy is not tolerated, at any moment. On some projects the pace can be relentless. It's not a fit for everyone, that's for sure.

Allow more time for experimentation in projects up front, deadlines are usually too tight for what is asked and expected.

Other reviews for Fantasy Interactive

A SHAME! A SCAM!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Pros

We were all naive, however the ONLY good thing about Fi is the people they hire outside of management roles or I would say of the core management. Designers, developers are awesome.

Cons

David Martin is a freak and everyone who has ever worked for Fi knows that. None of us had a pleasure of knowing DHM, it’s not someone you want to know. He doesn’t care about his employees and that’s a very short summary of how awful he is as a CEO. He is not someone you look up to and want to work harder for.
    He is so rude, unprofessional that he put his own wife down in meetings in front of other people and she was the COO of the company. Doesn’t look good.

People had breakdowns, people constantly quit, people hated working on projects and endless weekend work but none of the management cared and told certain locations that we are lazy though most of us had 60-70 hour weeks.

Watching the Facebook page for Fi and the comments from fellow fans is appalling. WAKE UP. This is not a dream job, this is hell. Open up your eyes and understand that Fi is falling apart. The reputation will last forever and with only 2 offices left their reputation is beyond low. In San Francisco and NYC no one wants to work for them as they are known to be crap and NO their projects are no longer exciting because no client wants to work with someone like David Martin and its team of managers.

Do your research before you say yes to them. This is no joke and it can break you emotionally. You will be supporting the worst management team in the agency world.

I hope clients read how they treat their employees and take this as a side note before they give them any business.

CLOSE IT DOWN. Don't embarrass yourself even more.

I had a bad feeling when joining Fi and should have trusted my gut.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Pros

The colleagues were amazing! I enjoyed meeting a lot of talented people from all corners of the world. The atmosphere was nice and relaxed outside the office and people bonded like a family as a majority of them were not from Sweden. We had a nice office and money to spend on Monday breakfasts, Friday beers and a few fun outings.

Cons

New recruits were charmed by the dream but few lasted more than a year. There was a steady flow of resignations mixed with bright-eyed introductions, and very little effort focused on proactive planning for employee satisfaction. All the energy was aimed at putting out fires instead of laying the foundation for a healthy, happy work environment. The unwillingness to change was frustratingly evident. I tried conforming in a weak moment, but in the end I could not stand for the company's lack of ethics and resigned.

Start fresh and realize that you're in the same boat as your employees. Formalize guiding values and a vision to work towards. Invest time in establishing processes, policies and routines to support you. If a project fails, you blame faulty routines instead of pointing the finger at employees. Be transparent regarding career development, comp & ben, and training possibilities. Respect the fact that a bad reputation lasts many years.

There are newer employer reviews for Fantasy Interactive.

Worked for Fantasy Interactive? Contribute to the Community!