Far East National Bank

There are newer employer reviews for Far East National Bank

Current Employee - Asset Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Asset Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Far East National Bank

Pros

As with any other company, I met some great people at Far East National Bank that benefited my career path as well as some great personal friends. In doing so, I was able to jump start my career in banking.

Cons

When I was there, Senior Management definitely needed to get a better feel for how their actions affected the morale and effectiveness of their employees. I believe senior management at the time should have ruled less with an iron fist and more with an open mind.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Far East National Bank (View Most Recent)

Very much like working in a foreign country

I have been working at Far East National Bank

Pros

It's a job. You can learn a lot in a short time. The pay is okay although there are no raises or bonuses as this time. But note medical is not competitive with other banks.

Cons

Sink or Swim environment with very little coaching or team work and co-workers are me-oriented with very little sharing of information. Sr. Management provides little direction/communication and the reporting lines are in a state of disarray. The bank has a history of putting people into higher positions they are not qualified for based on favoritism. So there are junior people getting on the job training in Sr. positions. Not a place to build a career.

Get some management training and do some strategic planning.

Opportunites in a dynamic industry but there are some challenges

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Far East National Bank

Pros

opportunities to advance based on ability, business oriented, dynamic, fast paced, go as far as you want, not stodgy, young minded.

Cons

foreign owned, not a uniform effort among all employees, benefits are on the low end of the scale, not a lot of focused direction, reactionary management, planning is not a high priority.

Commit to a strategy and be less reactionary, emphasize rewarding the best people and fighting beauracracy.

There are newer employer reviews for Far East National Bank