ok

I worked at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

pays well, good location, average benefits

Cons

people are overworked, poor work/life balance

Other Employee Reviews for Farm Credit Bank of Texas

A great place to GET PAID!

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

I GET PAID! The pay and benefits are really good! Better than a lot of companies! There’s matching 401k so I can save for retirement.

Cons

Coworkers that don’t know how good they got it and whine alot! Too many of my friends at work complain about how they’re treated. Here’s what they need to GET to be happy at FCBT. GET over it! It is what it is! They whine it’s a good old boy company. Duh! We’re in Texas. We’re in agriculture. And we cover 5 deep south states. What do you expect? Besides, there’s politics and favoritism every place you work. This place is no different from any other place. Life’s not fair and that goes double for work! Welcome to the business world! GET used to it! Some people wish management would change. I got news for them - it ain’t going to happen! There’s a review on here from 2009 about poor leadership! If it ain’t changed since 2009, it ain’t gonna to change now. The managers from 2009 ain’t changing anytime soon. Get used to it! Besides, who cares if they don’t always make sense? They don’t have to explain anything to you. That’s why they’re the boss and GET PAID the big bucks! You GET PAID to do what they tell you to do! So stop griping about it and just do it! GET PAID! We GET PAID! What more to you want?!?! GET a life! Work’s not about being motivated, or satisfied, or fulfilled or any such warm/fuzzy stuff! Stop looking for that stuff here. Look for it in your life outside of work. You work to GET PAID so you can do something outside of work that’s motivating or satisfying, or fulfilling or warm/fuzzy! If you want that stuff at work, work at a charity! You won’t GET PAID as good, but go for it! GET along – go along! I’ve been at FCBT for many years. I keep my head down. I keep my mouth shut. I don’t rock the boat. And I get treated just fine! Most importantly – I GET PAID! GET Out! If you don’t like it here – GET OUT! FCBT will be just fine without you! Look at all those people that left this year! FCBT’s got no problem replacing them with people that want to GET PAID! There’s plenty of contractors running around here just waiting to take your job in a heartbeat! Seriously guys – stop whining and do what you GET PAID to do – WORK! I’m tired of hearing it! I’m outta here now cause I GOT PAID today and I’m going out to do something motivating, satisfying and fulfilling with my friends. That’s how it works!

Advice to Management

To stop the whining, if I had the guts to talk to the big boss, I’d say “Larry – you’re good with the numbers part of the business, but you’re not so good with the people part. Get a second in command that’s good with people. You can do what you do best – numbers. Your wingman can deal with the people. But – Larry – bottom line, it’s your bank. As long as I GET PAID, it’s none of my business how you run it! Rock on buddy!”

Poor leadership and closed channels of communication

I have been working at Farm Credit Bank of Texas full-time

Pros

The basics - pay and benefits are good. The company provides 401k, health care insurance, and physical fitness and tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Management is not responsive to employees. Management often takes actions that negatively impact employees’ work without providing reasons. These actions seem irrational. An explanation of how these actions make business sense (if there were one) would be helpful. One possible reason for the irrationality and lack of explanations is that there is a lot of favoritism at this company. Some of it is related to the “good ole boy” network that someone else mentioned on this site. The CEO encourages communication, but when employees try to communicate with supervisors, they are shut down. Supervisors listen, but do not act on employees’ concerns and do not explain why no action is taken. Sometimes there is retaliation against employees who try to communicate in their jobs and/or performance reviews. The CEO says that he has an open door, but he doesn’t really have one. A coworker tried to use it to discuss a work related issue (an irrational action that supervisors in the employee’s chain of command could not explain) and was turned away.

Advice to Management

Get outside professional help (perhaps a business consultant or company that specializes in employee relations) to open up the channels of communication. Find some way to hold managers accountable to employees. Managers should be able to explain their decisions. The lack of communication and transparency at this company is not conducive to effective employee relations and consequently not good for business.