Farm Credit Services of America

www.fcsamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Farm Credit Services of America

Fun to Work Here

I have been working at Farm Credit Services of America

Pros

flex time, free pop, personal time, great benefits, leadership people trust. Named Best Place to Work 4 times. It's an egalitarian place, based upon teams. People are empowered to think and behave like leaders. People are smart and fun to work with. I experience very little gossip. People focus on issues, and the positive.

Cons

We run lean, and people work VERY hard. There are so many initiatives, and people are so engaged, it's sometime hard to keep track of. There is some duplication of effort that way. BUT, I prefer it to people who don't step up.

Continue to keep an eye on our culture. It matters to us.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Farm Credit Services of America (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

I have been working at Farm Credit Services of America

Pros

Very team-based culture, friendly team members, senior leadership that is always striving to be better, free pop and coffee, fun place to work, relatively good work/life balance

Cons

Very flat structure, not much opportunity to move up. Starting to become much more political. Not a lot of racial diversity, although that is starting to improve.

Checking egos at the door may be a little necessary; promotions/ hires into leadership positions seem to be motivated more by who you like personally.

Best Place to Work in the City, Three Times in a Row!

I have been working at Farm Credit Services of America

Pros

Team based, caring, does employee engagement surveys to ensure voices are heard. Progressive, full of smart people. High trust environment. Beautiful buildings - consistently - within a four state region. Environment tailored to culture. Creates culture on purpose - always mindful of how initiaitives will impact employees. If you need to get off for a family reason, the organization is flexible and accommodating.

Cons

Flat organization. Ambitiious people are challenged to keep developing themselves when a position does arise. Highly competitive, Very talented, intelligent people. If you can't measure up, it's better to leave. Because it is so empowering, initiatives everywhere. People work very hard...sometimes a struggle for work life balance.

Continue to keep building trust. Continue to focus on people. Profit will follow. Communication can always be improved. Forty two offices can be a challenge. Get out and visit more.

There are newer employer reviews for Farm Credit Services of America