Farmers Automobile Insurance

www.farmers.com

Independent business ownership with full training support!

Captive Agent (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsYou own the business. Farmers subsidizes your pay for the first 3 years with $1000 increase each subsuquent year and if you achieve your targets, this subsidy never has to be paid back. Fully supportive training for the first 3 months and beyond to help you build your business quickly. Friendly people within the organization. Nicely packaged products for your customers. Farmers provides a nice number of internet leads to the agents on a daily basis for no change.

ConsYou have to work your butt off during the first year (as you would in any new business start up situation); There were some costs not mentioned by the recruiters that caught me by surprise like the $800 U4 background check and securities exams fees. However, they do give a nice bonus upon completion of the licensing.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front about all costs the agents will encounter. The program is solid enough that most agents will not mind the fees, since those fees are compensated for in the completion bonus.

A very pleasant and informative process.

Reserve Agent (Current Employee) Itasca, IL

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: It allows me the opportunity to connect with people and help them assess their… Cons: Sometimes there are situations where a dog has bitten a child or person and then if a claim was… Advice to Senior Management: Too new to really expound on this point. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Definition of expendable

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: The sales training is extensive Cons: The company uses new employees to get their friends and family signed up, sets simple sales goals for the first quarter then increases… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Farmers Automobile Insurance.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!