Farmers Automobile Insurance
www.farmers.com Pekin, IL 500 to 999 Employees

A very pleasant and informative process.

Reserve Agent (Current Employee)
Itasca, IL

ProsIt allows me the opportunity to connect with people and help them assess their risk factors while nurturing a "Welcoming them into our Farmers Family" attitude and experience!!!

ConsSometimes there are situations where a dog has bitten a child or person and then if a claim was made that dog is considered DANGEROUS and thus makes that home a place where Farmers will not insure that home.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo new to really expound on this point.

Definition of expendable

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: The sales training is extensive Cons: The company uses new employees to get their friends and family signed up, sets simple sales goals for the first quarter then increases… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Independent business ownership with full training support!

Captive Agent (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: You own the business. Farmers subsidizes your pay for the first 3 years with $1000 increase each subsuquent year and if you achieve your… Cons: You have to work your butt off during the first year (as you would in any new business start up situation); There were some costs… Advice to Senior Management: Be up front about all costs the agents will encounter. The program is solid enough that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Farmers Automobile Insurance.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Automobile Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farmers Automobile Insurance CEO Jeffrey Dailey. All reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Automobile Insurance employees.