Farmers Automobile Insurance
www.farmers.com Pekin, IL 500 to 999 Employees

Great company, pay, benefits, and company to start out with

Liability Claims Representative (Former Employee)

ProsGreat job out of college, was fun a lot of times and you learn a lot about liability car insurance, things you wouldn't know otherwise. Company paid for 2 months of training, including travel. They were always promoting to get involved in whatever direction you want to go with the company, plenty of room for growth! Pay raise after one year and a small bonus.

ConsReally the only downside was the "numbers" you were expected to achieve. I understand it's the only way for them to set standards and to give incentive to getting the job done quicker, and several other things...but this is where corporate guidelines come in that most of the time don't make sense on the ground level. Felt some things were slightly unethical in obtaining these numbers. The other downside is that you have to talk to people involved in accidents that are flat out liars and you know are screwing the system-and its disgusting and so wrong. I couldn't stand talking to such fowl people-that's just a personal preference...of course you got to save the day for good people too!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your reps are telling you and actually take active to implement it on a local level vs. always trying to get something approved through corporate. If it works great, if it doesn't keep moving on until you find the best answer!

no room for advancement

Claims Adjuster (Current Employee)

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: great people, fair pay, work volume adequate Cons: horrible claims system, no room for advanceent Advice to Senior Management: provide better and efficient resources to do the job No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lied too

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Bountiful, UT

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: you do start with a positive attitude Cons: districts make a lot of promises and fail to … Advice to Senior Management: you might want to actually take some time to train the recruits rather than let them sell… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Farmers Automobile Insurance.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Farmers Automobile Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Farmers Automobile Insurance CEO Jeffrey Dailey. All reviews posted anonymously by Farmers Automobile Insurance employees.