Farmers Automobile Insurance

www.farmers.com

A great opportunity to learn.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThey strongly encourage and even offer to finance my getting my life and disability insurance licenses. The customers are really friendly and are nice to work with, they appreciate assistance.

ConsAt times I felt that I was supposed to be dishonest in some gray areas, and I didn't feel comfortable, and did not go along with it. My view of the agents became tarnished.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all dates and records on the up and up, offer community services honestly for the purpose of future marketing in addition to helping out (instead of pretending to the staff that it was entirely a heartfelt motivation only to be asked to call on "leads" after). Be up front with office and business goals where it would affect your employees (i.e. hours available, office mergers, etc.).

Run Away

Agency Owner (Former Employee) Dayton, OH

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Farmers has financial backing by a large Swiss company. On paper they look like a… Cons: That being said, there are so many glaring red flags with this company. There is little to no training offered and minimal support from the… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time to training new agents and helping them to becoming stable producers. Get rid… More

Don't walk........RUN!!!!

Special Claims Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: A job.............people are nice, a paycheck, and health care. Cons: Micro manged, Management do not know what to do.an are basically lackeys of poor upper Management. Every failure from Progressive,… Advice to Senior Management: Close your doors, start over. You have a staff that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Farmers Automobile Insurance.

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!