There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Automobile Insurance

A great opportunity to learn.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance part-time for less than a year

Pros

They strongly encourage and even offer to finance my getting my life and disability insurance licenses. The customers are really friendly and are nice to work with, they appreciate assistance.

Cons

At times I felt that I was supposed to be dishonest in some gray areas, and I didn't feel comfortable, and did not go along with it. My view of the agents became tarnished.

Keep all dates and records on the up and up, offer community services honestly for the purpose of future marketing in addition to helping out (instead of pretending to the staff that it was entirely a heartfelt motivation only to be asked to call on "leads" after). Be up front with office and business goals where it would affect your employees (i.e. hours available, office mergers, etc.).

42 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Automobile Insurance (View Most Recent)

The only difference " The Titanic had a band"

Former Employee - Special Claims Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Special Claims Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None, this place is the worst,

Cons

Like mediocrity? you'll love this place. If you are the worst of the worse, a yes man, you are in the right place. Blindly follow. you'll do well.......

Farmers should open a lemonade stand, because you can not handle insurance... Horrible place to work. No pride in work. Nasty uppermanagment

Run Away

Former Employee - Agency Owner  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Agency Owner in Dayton, OH

I worked at Farmers Automobile Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Farmers has financial backing by a large Swiss company. On paper they look like a solid company. Many of the agents are quality people who want the best for their customers.

Cons

That being said, there are so many glaring red flags with this company. There is little to no training offered and minimal support from the district manager. If you don't have at least $40k to invest in the business your expenses for leads and travel will make this a financial nightmare. You work 6-7 days a week minimally 60-80 hours with little to show because your expenses quickly exceed your income. Turnover is high because it's difficult to met the quarterly quota due to an adverse marketing position. Once you leave, the subsidy is repayable immediately--something the hiring managers never tell you--it's a loan not a salary. This is a scam meant to attract sales people to sell policies to their family and friends to boost the company's coffers. Then these get turned over to established agents based on the good graces of the manager.

Spend more time to training new agents and helping them to becoming stable producers. Get rid of quotas and concentrate on quality business. Provide more money and resources to make agents more successful.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Automobile Insurance

Worked for Farmers Automobile Insurance? Contribute to the Community!