Farmers Insurance Group FCU

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group FCU

Great entry level job

Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Account Executive in Plano, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group FCU full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Decent Salary
-Easy to get into
-Paid training for licenses
-Not a lot of travel
-Gain real world knowledge
-Desk job

Cons

-A lot of paper work and upkeep
-Angry customers
-Variable sales depending on season
-Not many benefits for health and retirement

Open on weekends to gain more business

107 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group FCU (View Most Recent)

Okay place to work at.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA) in Plainfield, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA) in Plainfield, IL

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group FCU part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great place to work at really laid back easy going bosses.

Cons

No bonses and not enough leads to call potential customers.

It would be best for the agents to pay out some sort of commission for those who are being a telemarketer for them.

Revolving door

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group FCU full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is mostly for Claims Department. You can move up fast if you're a very high performer and by high I mean, top of the top competitive personality, A Game 100% of the time. This company does not tolerate mediocre performance. If at any time you are anything but excellent managers and supervisors will immediately put you on probation. With the increasing stress of being under the microscope and completely micromanaged you will most likely be terminated in a matter of weeks. When you deal with claims you work mostly in the grey, it is extremely easy for a supervisor to find fault in whatever you do. On the plus size the perks are very nice, you get a company car with a company logo, gas card, wireless laptop, Iphone, Bonus pay for being bilingual.

Cons

The worst thing about working for Farmers was the amount of stress that I felt on the daily basis. I have worked for several insurance companies in my career and have never felt as much sickening stress in my entire life. You are required to be above 90% in all of your objectives, if at any point you slip under 90% your supervisor will put you on probation and you will be fired, unless you are able to increase your numbers. This goes for customer satisfaction surveys, if a customer returns a survey with anything but 100% perfect customer satisfaction you will basically fall into the rabbit hole which you will most likely not get out of.

The thing that prospective employees need to understand is that this afterall is the world of insurance, your job is to protect the money. Whenever you deny a claim, make a negative liability decision, or use a company mandated sub part to repair a vehicle people are going to get upset. All it takes is for one of those people to complete a survey to put your integrity, work ethic, and job on the line. During my time of employment I saw multiple people get fired, hard working A type of people on the weekly basis, It was out of control.

This created a very stressful work environment. My supervisor was cool, but its a ladder system, so if you don't meet your objectives they don't meet their objectives, so its nothing personal, its a dog eat dog world. They would rather fire you at least that would shows upper management that they are doing something to remedy the situation. This as a result creates a constant revolving door of employees getting hired and fired.

Unless you are naturally an amazing high caliber performer with nothing short but amazing people skills 100% of the time, then you will not be a successful employee in claims. You might survive a few years but you will eventually burn out and as soon as you do you will be terminated.

My personal opinion is that Its better to avoid the stigmatism of being terminated and instead find another employer where your skills would be better appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group FCU