There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Good/Friendly People with poor pay

Current Employee - Claims Representative  in  Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - Claims Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Everyone there always seems happy and its a joy to work there. Management is very knowledgable and willing to assist when you dont understand something. Very good training on all levels of claims, they take the time to make sure their employees have the best knowledge of claims processes. They are also cont. educating the employees and giving chances to read up and learn more.

Cons

Some departments in claims are very under paid for the level of work they do. I was paid more out of high school then I am now. They are well below equal to other companies with the same job types which makes it hard to want to stay in this encomomy when you can get more from other insurance companies doing the same thing if not less.

Know your employee's worth and keep up with salaries at other companies.

791 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Moving into the modern era quickly.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

The opp's for growth and investment in the infrastructure will pay off.

Cons

The home office is located in California.

Never have enough time, treated like a Number

Former Employee - Inside Claim Representative, Liability  in  Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Inside Claim Representative, Liability in Olathe, KS

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

good co-workers, 20 days PTO your first year, easy to get a job because always hiring (but that's because always firing, too)

Cons

High inventory, treated like a number, high turnover. Will fire good employees because of some of the petty things they rate you on. You can be making correct liability decisions, providing good customer service, etc, but one insignificant thing they rate you on can get you fired. Also, it depends on your supervisor. I know of other CRs that were not hitting any of their numbers, yet they were never written up because they were buddy's with their supervisor. Claim Reps were always busy and over-worked, yet I constantly saw supervisors chit-chat with each other and supervisors never seemed too busy.

Spend a day doing what Claim Reps do so you know how much time each claim takes. Look at how much it cost for training, because you must be spending a lot with high turnover

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!