Good/Friendly People with poor pay

Current Employee - Claims Representative  in  Lake Mary, FL
Current Employee - Claims Representative in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

Everyone there always seems happy and its a joy to work there. Management is very knowledgable and willing to assist when you dont understand something. Very good training on all levels of claims, they take the time to make sure their employees have the best knowledge of claims processes. They are also cont. educating the employees and giving chances to read up and learn more.

Cons

Some departments in claims are very under paid for the level of work they do. I was paid more out of high school then I am now. They are well below equal to other companies with the same job types which makes it hard to want to stay in this encomomy when you can get more from other insurance companies doing the same thing if not less.

Know your employee's worth and keep up with salaries at other companies.

Other Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

I was given many opportunities to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

The benefits are great, especially the profit sharing. There is a mid-Western feel to the company even though it is based in Los Angeles - people are friendly and supportive.

Cons

Farmers could do a better job improving diversity among its senior and director levels, especially because California is its largest market.

Tough but rewarding

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

best commissions of captive agents along with great people willing to help out. Growth potential for the company is great

Cons

If you get the wrong District Manager, the training and support received may not be enough to get through the first rough years.

Overall, I think the company is great.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!