I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Trial Attorney in DFW, TX
Current Employee - Trial Attorney in DFW, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Employer matches up to 6% of 401k and you are 100% vested immediately. Good health benefits and at time when health care costs are becoming exploitative, good benefits are a plus. We have the potential to receive very competitive bonuses each year. And, I enjoy a flexible work schedule compared to my attorney friends working elsewhere. Overall fulfilled.

Cons

The raises could be higher.

Advice to Management

Explain why we are seeking to buy an NFL football field using a cost- benefits analysis. Are we gaining "free" advertising, which will lead to more growth? Or are we just buying a football field?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Potential if you have a salesperson's personality.

Current Employee - Reserve Insurance Agent in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Reserve Insurance Agent in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One can work at their own pace, and style to a certain extent; but must meet quota.
    Friendly co-workers that were very supportive and eager to give advice.

Cons

Cold-calling.
    Playing a numbers game, trying almost desperately to meet sales quota every quarter.

Advice to Management

Don't paint such a rosy picture about the job. Be straight forward and let potential agents know it is a difficult job, and meeting the sales goals are very challenging.

A great insurance company but could treat their own better the last couple of years.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great products and claims. There is also a good sense of agents helping agents with all aspects of the business. The agency force is second to none. The thing Farmers does do right is they are good at insurance.

Cons

State office and upper level management are clueless to how to run an agency. You have corporate people trying to tell business owners how to run a business. They have a new latest and greatest almost yearly and we are suppose to eat it up and forget what was said or promised in the past.

Advice to Management

Remember who pays your salary. When looking for ways to cut cost why not ask those on the front lines. I don't need reports of meetings we had that were also posted online and then emailed to me and required 3 people to handle that workload. While meetings and email may justify your job I actually have work to do.