There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Trial Attorney in DFW, TX
Current Employee - Trial Attorney in DFW, TX

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Employer matches up to 6% of 401k and you are 100% vested immediately. Good health benefits and at time when health care costs are becoming exploitative, good benefits are a plus. We have the potential to receive very competitive bonuses each year. And, I enjoy a flexible work schedule compared to my attorney friends working elsewhere. Overall fulfilled.

Cons

The raises could be higher.

Advice to Management

Explain why we are seeking to buy an NFL football field using a cost- benefits analysis. Are we gaining "free" advertising, which will lead to more growth? Or are we just buying a football field?

reviews filtered by

Job Security.

Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Service Advocate in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a big company - meaning you have to try very hard if you want to lose your job. Once you're in, your job is likely safe. They have many great benefits, such as 20 days annual PTO, $500 HSA deposit (with a $100/year minimum contribution) and dollar-to-dollar 401K match up to 6% of your salary (100% fully vested on date-of-hire).

Cons

It is a big company - meaning that while there's always opportunities to advance, unfortunately there are few of those opportunities in KC. Health insurance premiums are expensive, too, compared to most other companies, it seems.

Advice to Management

More advancement opportunities! Present employees with the opportunities to gain the skills and display the qualities you want to see!

Potential if you have a salesperson's personality.

Current Employee - Reserve Insurance Agent in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Reserve Insurance Agent in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

One can work at their own pace, and style to a certain extent; but must meet quota.
    Friendly co-workers that were very supportive and eager to give advice.

Cons

Cold-calling.
    Playing a numbers game, trying almost desperately to meet sales quota every quarter.

Advice to Management

Don't paint such a rosy picture about the job. Be straight forward and let potential agents know it is a difficult job, and meeting the sales goals are very challenging.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group