Good, honest place to work if you like business

Former Employee - Telemarketer  in  Glen Ellyn, IL
Former Employee - Telemarketer in Glen Ellyn, IL

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

This was my first job, as a telemarketer and sales assistant. I worked in a private office in Glen Ellyn, my boss was very knowledgeable and understanding. The only reason I quit was because of not getting enough hours.

Cons

Imput system was very outdated. Farmers' service was of no help when I called about it. This is the only bad thing I could think of.

Update your system that you use! An outdated version of Internet Explorer shouldn't have to be opened in order to use your outdated data client.

Other Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

An unholy marriage of intimidation tactics and poor management. Experienced adjusters are encouraged to leave.

Current Employee - Senior Special Claims Representative (CAT)  in  Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Special Claims Representative (CAT) in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Bonus pay/CAT hourly wages were nice however FIG has flooded CAT team with adjusters who are not experienced and will settle for less.

Cons

Work/life balance. NO support from management even though they too see how FIG is failing to provide customer service.

The answers have been given to you, however you choose to ignore them in pursuit of a percentage point. You admit the failures, but refuse to alter the course. There is no fault in admitting a flawed tactic and changing strategy. You are currently shedding experienced adjusters and policy holders faster than you can replace them. Technology will only drive the claims experience so far before the tires explode and someone has to walk our insured to their destination. Currently you have a severe problem with adjusters passing the customers claim and issues along to several other employees before it is truly addressed. This apathetic behavior will not be stemmed with fancy apps or "segmentation". Morale must be fostered along with our stated values (that are rarely practiced by management or adjusters). This company has given me purpose and a family of co workers who strive to assist those affected by catastrophe (currently Moore, OK). I compel the supervisors to take a stand against this new set of VPs and reinstate a department set on delivering the high level of claims experience in which we used to pride ourselves.

Farmers Insurance, Sales/Agency Owner

Current Employee - Insurance Agent  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being able to sell a product with a reputable name. Also they gave the agents free leads to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

Leads are old and have about a 1-2% hit ratio. The entire job was based on false impressions. Extremely high quotas, with extremely large repercussions for not hitting them. The success rates for new agents at farmers is extremely low.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group.

Worked for Farmers Insurance Group? Contribute to the Community!