Service Advocate

Current Employee - Service Advocate in Independence, OH
Current Employee - Service Advocate in Independence, OH

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is available and stresses education

Cons

work schedule and management uses personal biases when deciding.

Advice to Management

use the talents of the workstaff

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. very good

Former Employee - Account Agent in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Account Agent in Brea, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the best company to work for

Cons

none at all for this company

Advice to Management

none for now

Be young, stay young, climb the ladder fast, and set up your "good ol'boy" network

Former Employee - Senior Field Claims Adjuster
    Former Employee - Senior Field Claims Adjuster

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health and other benefits were great. Pay was good, but only because I had been there long enough to gotten deep into the pay scale. In the end, raises were non-existent. Work life balance? No such thing. Just words.

Cons

Has gone from a quality job to a quantity job. And boy are there numbers to be tracked and ratings to be given. I was given the "opportunity" to move between claims divisions to a group that was struggling with their quality scores, on files and customer service. My scores were always top level. 2 yrs later I was fired, for of all things, not returning phone calls?!?! After 20+ yrs as an adjuster. Oddly enough, my quality scores were still top in the unit. And oddly enough, my pay was higher than others, and I had just turned 50. Hmmmm... I asked for a copy of my personal file, and was provided one. There was nothing in the file at all about all of the "probations" I was advised I had been put on, or all the verbal "warnings" I had been given. Nothing to indicate my performance was sub standard. I was let go by a promising young man in the mgmt training program. I expect he was doing what he was told. He even offered to be an employment reference in my job search. He saw no issues with my performance. There was a time when providing excellent service to the policyholder was job#1. And at that time, this was a great job and a great company.

Advice to Management

If you want to do right by your policy holders, hire the good people, don't work then to death and good work will bring its rewards to everyone. If you want to manage by the numbers for the stock holders, continue on this path and end up outsourcing eveything to the lowest bidder.