Farmers Insurance Group

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Not recommended

Former Employee - Underwriter in Hillsboro, OR
Former Employee - Underwriter in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of room to grow within the company
company reimburses tuition costs for university and education
They have an excellent paid training program

Cons

The job function changes often and with little notice
The salary is low when compared to other companies in the industry

861 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Came to Farmers From Another Insurance Company

Current Employee - Special Investigator
    Current Employee - Special Investigator

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-In my position, I work from home and that is a huge plus
    -My schedule is flexible (I'm a salaried employee)
    -My manager doesn't micromanage-you get your job done however you need to, in as many hours as you need to
    -Company provided vehicle
    -The University of Farmers training is great! Informative, fun, and you get to travel to Los Angeles for it
    -Farmers not only supports obtaining higher education (insurance designations), but will pay for it and give you bonuses once complete
    -The company is very involved with various charities, especially The March of Dimes
    -Unlike other well-known insurance companies, Farmers doesn't do restructuring every couple of years (ie management layoffs and demotions, only to do a mass manager hiring a few years later...and repeat)
    -I truly felt welcomed when I was hired, not only by my direct managers, but by the company as a whole. They do a good job of reaching out to you and thanking you for joining the team.

Cons

-The claims computer program (system used by anyone in any sort of claims capacity) is a bit complicated to use. It provides a lot of information, but not user friendly
    -I don't like not being able to find a job salary grid on their intranet. One can find job descriptions, but the salary ranges aren't readily available (I like to know what my earning potential is; it keeps me motivated)
    -Depending on the position, your initial training may drag out and become boring (but I suppose it is better to have too much training, rather than not enough)

I do not have any at this time

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - DMTAA
    Current Employee - DMTAA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities, Great People, Leadership, Flexibility

Cons

Rates were not always competitive especially in homeowners, Base pay was less than average, Farmers Homeowner Product not offered to new agents, Goals were harder to meet due to rates and product restrictions

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group