Excellant

Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Farmers is great place to work. Very unique in its culture and especially Senior management is very supportive allowing the employees to take ownership and empowering the team. Strong leadership with clear vision and leading the entire team to meet company's strategic vision. Fair treatment to all employees and very motivational. Definetely a thriving and excelling place to succeed.

Cons

More collaboration needed while integrating across cross functional teams. All the teams need to have transparency in sharing and communicating information to achieve common objectives.

Advice to Management

Great experience. Allow More Transparency

reviews filtered by
  1. Pretty good thus far

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, flexible hours, great deli and food choices, nice gym, clean restrooms. Personally, it's extremely closeto my home, so a very big pro for me.

Cons

Not friendly to smokers, it's a non-smoking campus now, and even the street has been blocked as an option for a place to go smoke. Even as a non-smoker I think it's ridiculous to relegate people who choose to smoke as in their cars only, so they can be stuffy and really SMELL of smoke, instead of out in the open air to enjoy their break in the usually great weather.

Another con - the performance management process. Setting our own goals and then having management either agree or not...how does this help in the main goal of getting a RAISE? It seems a waste of time.

Advice to Management

Some more delegation to get processes completed more efficiently might be a good idea.

A company that only cares about their revenue

Current Employee - Field Claims Representative in West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Field Claims Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you work at a HelpPoint, you have a greater opportunity of moving to a different position

Cons

They have switched to a behavior based performance review. They say it's objective but it really boils down to whether or not they need to decrease the number of employers and how good you are at schmoozing your supervisor. Administration is very demanding and complains about the poor performance of the company and blames adjusters for not changing the numbers. Lots of negativity, very little positive reinforcement. Morale is incredibly low. Anxiety among the adjusters is incredibly high. I've become physically ill as a result.

Advice to Management

I would, but it would fall on deaf ears.