There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Not happy at all. Was lied to from day one.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Elk Grove, CA
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Self employed, make your own hours, be your own boss, generous commission schedule

Cons

District managers are constantly misrepresenting what the company offers and what they will do for you. It is NOT made clear that you will pay back every dollar they give you if you do not hit their top tier for production. If you have to pay back they want their money immediately and will send you to a collections company immediately if you don't pay. The collections company they use are thugs who will threaten you with lawsuits if you don't pay what they want.

Be more honest with new hires and stop hiring people to hire them. It makes for a poor customer experience.

809 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Liability claims representative

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group

Pros

They offer a flexible schedule. Co-workers are great. The job allows you the opportunity to help people and challenge yourself.

Cons

Overworked. Poor local management - supervisors and managers are totally out of touch. Lack of teamwork between claims reps and management. Lack of trust. Lack of ability to take a meaningful vacation due to not enough employees yet we're constantly told we're overstaffed. Not enough pay. The WORST benefits. The place feels abusive.

Focus on treating employees fairly. Hire more or provide raises for increased responsibilities and work load.

Very limited due to lack of management foresight, with increased rates and a contract that doesn't work in small markets

Former Employee - Agent in Buffalo, WY
    Former Employee - Agent in Buffalo, WY

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I cannot think of any

Cons

New contract is not "cookie cutter" for all markets, especially small town markets.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group