There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Agents mean absolutely nothing to the company

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Freedom and POSSIBLE (but not likely) high pay

Cons

In my time working as an agent for Farmers Insurance, I dedicated all of my time to getting policies in the door. Unfortunately, Farmers is a higher priced insurance company in comparison. Selling policies is not always that easy to do. You have a quota monthly, and if you do not meet it, you are let go. Initial thought is to get your family to switch so that you can make your numbers. Once you bring everyone you know on board and meet your first quota, you pass the "training" period. They begin to pay you subsidy.

Long story short... If you miss your quota, you are required to pay back your subsidy (could be thousands), they now have the income from all your family, you cannot take those policies to another company for one year, and all the money that you made you are either paying back or you spent on advertising (which is not cheap).

They will try and talk you into why it is a great company. Don't buy it. Stay far away.

815 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Depends on your department

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Wilmington, DE

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some departments had great direction for your career while others just straggled where they were. Great people. Benefits were pretty decent

Cons

Communication. HR was not involved at all in developing your career. They're ok if you stay where you are. COMPENSATION is horrible. I was there for quite a bit and they barely had me in my bracket.

Not a good place to work in Cleveland surburban area

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Depending on which way the wind would blow, you could possibly work from home
    Oh and traveling perks!

Cons

well lets see I was treated like the red-headed step child but they needed you to clean up their pile of mess! Oh, and how they tried to cover up the fact they weren't especially fond of african americans.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group