There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Agents mean absolutely nothing to the company

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom and POSSIBLE (but not likely) high pay

Cons

In my time working as an agent for Farmers Insurance, I dedicated all of my time to getting policies in the door. Unfortunately, Farmers is a higher priced insurance company in comparison. Selling policies is not always that easy to do. You have a quota monthly, and if you do not meet it, you are let go. Initial thought is to get your family to switch so that you can make your numbers. Once you bring everyone you know on board and meet your first quota, you pass the "training" period. They begin to pay you subsidy. Long story short... If you miss your quota, you are required to pay back your subsidy (could be thousands), they now have the income from all your family, you cannot take those policies to another company for one year, and all the money that you made you are either paying back or you spent on advertising (which is not cheap). They will try and talk you into why it is a great company. Don't buy it. Stay far away.

Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

1. Farmers Insurance

Pros

Freedom to work my own schedule. The district manager was very helpful and supportive.

Cons

Difficult job to do; the prices are not competitive; therefore, it was hard to make a sale and to compete against other carriers.

2. Great people to work with but job itself is strenous both emotionally and phisically.

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

The people in the Tucson office are great people to work with and they provide you with a lot of guidance. Management does a great job in helping you and providing you with support. Great training program.

Cons

The job itself is hard since you are dealing with individuals who are injured and want things resolved at their time. This does not help with the amount of work that is given to you. Individuals left our office and we were considered over-staffed even if we were working 45+ hours a week.

Advice to Management

Consider work-life balance for regular employees and management.