Farmers Insurance Group

www.farmers.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

As a newby agent it seems pretty good.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a great atmosphere, the people that work in the office are pretty positive people. The training has been comprehensive. I hear them saying all the things that I want them to say. They have free literature to distribute to prospects.

Cons

It is commission sales and so as the guy said on the first day you eat what you kill. There is the possibility that you can make it, but it is hard work. I'm not impressed with the products, they have for sale, everything seems expensive.

The products have to compete with the best.

945 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Make sure you can weather the 3-5 months it takes to become a career agent.

Former Employee - Reserve Agent in Collierville, TN
    Former Employee - Reserve Agent in Collierville, TN

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time

Pros

You have the potential to own your own business if you can get through the training and find ways to get clients.

Cons

The rates for home and auto change when there have been a lot of claims in your area. If you start this job like I did when Farmers had many claims on homes the rates go up and the rates are less competitive it makes you less attractive to potential candidates who already have insurance.
    READ the fine print on your contract. I sent my resignation by email and my post wasn't terminated for several months. Now I have a bill from THIS district office that says I owe them money for a canceled policy after I resigned.

Excellent Call Center: Entry Level

Current Employee - Service Advocate II in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Service Advocate II in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The entry level salary is pretty decent and the call center is way better than any other call center. There is no quotas to meet but they do push speed a bit. They offer exceptional benefits and work really well with you if you have a child, medical issues or other accommodations. Its great to learn here because everything is always changing that you feel challenged every day.

Cons

Its still a call center and they still push speed over quality. Its improving in wanting to teach agents to be more knowledgeable and focus on our learning. But its still a high volume call center and you must go as quick as possible while working on computer all day. There doesnt seem to be enough breaks or ability to learn extra knowledge in between calls. Its an entry level position with not much room to advance your career right now. Not many job opportunities in other departments at the moment.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group