Farmers Insurance Group

www.farmers.com
  www.farmers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group

Don't be surprised when they call the debt collectors on you

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great, hands on product training program

Cons

salary is actually a loan that you have to repay (they fail to tell you this initially)
management is very disorganized, get thrown to the wolves when prospecting

help us call

846 Other Employee Reviews for Farmers Insurance Group (View Most Recent)

Run away. Run Far Away.

Current Employee - Flunky in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Flunky in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They try hard to be "cordial" to employees.

Cons

If you have a degree in a specific field (IE: IT, HR, Accounting, etc) but you are a lowly claims adjuster or underwriter, you have to excel at that job in order for you to move anywhere in the company. Your overall abilities are not looked at, only your current job performance. Difficult to move anywhere in the company unless you are picked out of the sea of employees as a "chosen one".
    If you end up having an illness or an accident and are on FMLA leave, within 2 weeks of returning to work, your employment is terminated. This has happened several times in the past couple years.

Look at overall abilities, not just current job performance. Refrain from placing targets on peoples heads that have returned from FMLA leave.

Time to learn and grow

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boise, ID

I have been working at Farmers Insurance Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was able to obtain my licenses to sell insurance very quickly. My boss is flexible with my schedule when needed. Training comes in the form of instructional videos followed by on line testing for the office procedures. There is a separate module for licensing.

Cons

There is very little to do to occupy my time. There are no co-workers to learn from or interact with. I feel that if I were to have interaction with other employees who hold my position in other offices I would have a better idea of what this position entails.

I think my manager has done his very best to give me all the tools needed to perform my position to the best of my abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Farmers Insurance Group