There are newer employer reviews for Faronics Corporation

Great team, lack of overall leadreship

Former Employee - Product Marketing in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
Former Employee - Product Marketing in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Faronics Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

boss and prod management team was great
flexible work

Cons

lots of politics
lack of strategy

27 Other Employee Reviews for Faronics Corporation (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Technical Team in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Team in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Faronics Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Faronics is an established company with the soul of a start-up!

For over a decade, Faronics has constantly competed with established players in the industry. A major reason for Faronics' success is great teamwork. Multiple teams work well together and work towards a common goal. This 'Synergy' provides the momentum required to excel and succeed.

Each product at Faronics is unique in every way - in terms of technology, usability, functionality, market, and earnings. Needless to add, each product brings its challenges and problems. And the problem solving capability of the teams have always resulted in overcoming these challenges.

Faronics is a 'user-centric' company. There is only one mantra that drives the culture and values at Faronics - Do what is best for the customer. I always keep hearing things like "Is it better for us or better for the user?", " We need to make life easy for the user.", "Let's implement the user feedback." With the newly launched Beta programs, customer feedback is implemented before the final release of the product.

Like any other company in a post-recession world, Faronics has its challenges and each employee is doing his/her part in overcoming the challenges. This is what makes Faronics a great company to work at.

Bosses here are not just bosses - they are mentors and motivators. They come with a deep understanding of the industry and demonstrate great insight into the pain points of the customer. They practice 'Participative Leadership' without displaying unnecessary authority or autocracy. The bosses lend a helping hand and hear you out. If you have a good idea, a feasible way to improve process, or a great suggestion, the bosses will not ignore you if it fits the overall priority.

Some other pros:
    - Great location
    - Awesome office space
    - Amazing hardware and software to work with

Cons

Some of the things lacking:
    - No MSP
    - No RRSP matching
    - Health and Dental Insurance plans can be improved to provide 100% coverage.

Some questions that only the top management can answer:

1) Are we trying to do too much (too many products) with too little (very small teams)?
    2) How do we brace ourselves from the onslaught of mobile devices (smartphones, tablets)?
    3) How can Faronics fit into a 'Cloudy' world? Can we provide products for the Cloud?
    4) How can we ensure predictability and sustainability in revenue growth over the coming years?

It's What You Make of It

I worked at Faronics Corporation

Pros

- good financial health while at the same time it feels like a start up company with lots of potential
    - good work-life balance
    - many great people on staff
    - products, when they work, provide high value to customers, especially for what they cost
    - family-like culture, provides a sense of belonging and security
    - if you work hard and care about your job, it will be noticed and can be rewarded
    - over all, it's a great place to be if you accept that marketable growth will take a while to transpire for the company. It's a secure place to work with great people and a lot of business challenges that, if you're hungry, you can help with and significantly impact the business. It will be what YOU make of it.

Cons

- family-like culture (there are a lot of mediocre performers - even in upper management - who are allowed to linger)
    - goals set by top management were often unrealistic, creating a sense of failure for front line staff year upon year despite the comany's growth and profitability (I understand from former colleagues that this has been rectified in their current fiscal year)
    - products failed too frequently with all but it's core product, this hampered growth significantly during my time there
    - lacked a compelling vision to inspire anyone but the handful of shareholders

Improve accountability at the top, fix the short-term product failures and continually set SMARTER goals with an emphasis on the first R being Realistic and the ER being Engaging and Rewarding; and not just for the shareholders.

There are newer employer reviews for Faronics Corporation