There are newer employer reviews for Fast Enterprises

Much more than just a job

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- get to work with software that is cutting edge in terms of its flexibility and wide-range of practical applications. Fast's software has made an huge impact on several markets and still has so much more potential.
- coworkers are like extended family, including peers at the same level as me, but also supervisors and juniors. Outside work, we do tons of things together-- travel, sports, meals.
- Fast is a very inclusive of families in social activities, both big and small. Fast throws an unbelievable annual meeting/gathering for all employees and families.
- Fast clients like us! The company philosophy and culture does not revolve around squeezing as much money from government clients as possible. While government culture differs with Fast's corporate culture in ways that are sometimes stressful, there is a lot of mutual respect and recognition that everyone is working towards common goals.
- pay raises can be significant and are based on merit

I've worked at other companies and I thought they were really great. But Fast is really special. For some of the people with negative comments, if it's your first job out of school maybe you should see what it's like elsewhere. The grass may not be as green as you think...

Cons

- moving around is required. It's not for everyone at every stage in their lives. moving can be exciting and sad at the same time-- sad to leave friends behind, but exciting when making new friends and reconnect with other fast friends
- Fast believes in not only keeping promises made to clients, but exceeding them. Sometimes this makes for long hours, especially around project deadlines.

One of my favorite things at Fast is the close friendships I have with other employees, and the openness of the culture. As the company grows, make sure you don't lose this really important quality! Hire more people!

95 Other Employee Reviews for Fast Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Industry Leader and Still Growing

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced challenging environment. The people I work with are intelligent, enthusiastic and hard working. Definitely a work hard, play hard environment. The company has great benefits and, although they don't have 401k matching, they do have annual profit sharing.

Some other posts have said that the work Fast isn't fulfilling because it doesn't have a direct impact on peoples lives, but that isn't true. Fast does work for tax agencies, delivering a revenue solution for those agencies. The company does directly impact citizens because we provide a low cost alternative to what other companies offer. Fast has saved tax agencies millions of dollars by improving their efficiency and stopping tax and refund fraud. This is a direct benefit to the citizens of that state, province or country because it means that their hard earned tax dollars are being put to good use. People complain about how inefficient governments are; well, Fast is changing that!

Cons

There are times where the work hours are long and this can be stressful.

If you are a hard core programmer, this may not be the place for you because most implementation consultants are split between working with clients and configuring within the companies software, GenTax. There are complex and challenging problems, but they are not necessarily coding, per say.

Relocation is expected. If you like to stay in one place and put down roots, Fast probably isn't the place for you. Employees move on average every 2-5 years.

Good job for entry level

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fast Enterprises full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They treat employees well and most people are great to work with.

Cons

As with most corporations, there are too many politics. You may only get a day's (a few weeks on average) notice to permanently move to a different location. There is no 401K matching. The hours are long and the client can be extremely difficult. Can sometimes be a "boy's club" type of environment and a popularity contest.

There are newer employer reviews for Fast Enterprises