FASTSIGNS

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Green Bay, WI

I worked at FastSigns part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good hours. I was "part time" but got up to 40 hours a week most week over summer months

Cons

In winter my hours were limited. We did not have very good equipment, most of it was purchase 2nd hand off ebay. There was also a lot of tension between sales personal & production workers.

Advice to Management

Take better work orders

Other Employee Reviews for FastSigns

Needs better management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Pros

The pay is decent compared to other similar jobs in Charleston area and the job can be fun at times.

Cons

The management style is poor and, in some cases, disrespectful. Things are very unorganized.

Advice to Management

As with all managers, they should listen to staff feedback and provide constructive criticism to employees.

Most people will not make more than $30K no matter how long they work for this company

Current Employee - Account Manager/Graphic Designer in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Graphic Designer in Folsom, CA

Pros

Since the management is never around taking time off for doctors appointments or family emergencies, etc, is very easy to do.

Cons

The glass ceiling is about 2" above your head. Advancement is basically an unreal expectation unless you own the business. After 5 years my salary is a pittance, especially after bringing in over $400K in under 2 years at my newest location. This is a franchise, so the owners (who had to have over $200K in liquid assets to even be considered for buying the franchise) basically only care about their own bottom lines. I've never had a boss who understood that a basic living wage is needed, nor ever had a regularly scheduled review done on time, and a raise is generally $0.50 ever year or year and a half.

Advice to Management

I just with the corporate offices would be more involved. But then again, they make their 8% off of the top of all sales that go through the shop, and beyond that they don't really care for the employees; only the shop owners and technical problems.