good

Current Employee - Support
Current Employee - Support

Pros

flexible, team oriented, uniform and customer satifaction.

Cons

slow, laid back, simple,and unsure.

Advice to Management

speed up, be attentive with request, use a more fuel efficient vehicle to deliver products when suitable, stock hubs with more products.

Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal

1. Whatever you're doing, do it faster and cheaper.

Current Employee - Inside Sales (Quoting & Estimating)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales (Quoting & Estimating)

Pros

Fastenal does post internal job openings, so you have the opportunity to shift to another job more to your liking or abilities, but you must take tests and apply just like everybody else.

Cons

Training was just about non-existant, despite Fastenal priding themselves in their on-site training facility. It's definitely a "good old boys" network with lots of politics on all levels. You are expected to complete all work regardless of how many hours per week it takes, how many people they haven't replaced, or how many people are on vacation or sick leave. Many people hold second jobs because the pay in Winona is so low. I'm in my 50's and I never worked so hard in such a high stress job as I did at Fastenal. This place is staffed primarily by those 30 and younger. By the way, an Inside Sales position has virtually nothing to do with sales...you're just an order entry person and quoter. If Winona had more jobs, Fastenal would be forced to pay much more and treat their employees better. I was promised a raise and review at 6 months, and at one year, Neither of these ever happened and they denied ever offering either them. They will NOT put anything in writing prior to your hiring, so good luck if they don't come through with their promises. This is NOT the same company that founder Bob Kierlin started!

Advice to Management

Do you have a clue how many people would leave if there were other jobs to be had in Winona?

Fastenal is a good place to work as a part time job.

Current Employee - Part Time Support
    Current Employee - Part Time Support

Pros

Good hours. Weekends off. Very laid back and easy going coworkers. The ability to move up in the company. Fun work environment

Cons

Worst GM I've ever worked for. Outside sales position gets screwed. It's all about upper management. Lots of product on website and in catalog that are very hard to get

Advice to Management

Why is there so many products on the website that are not in the hubs? My General management has no schooling and no management training and acts like a small child.