There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Not bad, but also not a viable career choice for most

Current Employee - Part Time Support  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Part Time Support in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

the pay for part time is decent ($12/hr to start). The job is pretty easy, recieve the truck in the monring, put stuff away, and answer the phone for the rest of the day. Not much product knowledge is needed. I came in knowing very little but they do a good job teaching and theres even a Fastenal school of business that they urge you to complete and you can do so on company time.

Cons

Lack of part-time hours. I was told before I started that I would have a full time postition within a month or 2. It has now been 8 months and I'm still waiting. The job itself isnt bad but in order to want to stay here they have to promote people or give raises. All the DM's care about are sales dollars and not much more.

what you have going is working for now but it seems there is not enough incentive to want to stay here unless you somehow make it to manager. Even the Outside sales guys complain that pay and commission structure here sucks. Raise the commission percentage and add more incentive for employees and maybe more employees will stay.

608 Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal (View Most Recent)

Good employer, but the pay is horrible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Room for advancement, benefits are good

Cons

VERY few pay raises, salaries are below average

FIX THE PAY RAISE SYSTEM!

Good experience but is mainly dependent on which branch you work for (and who your DM is).

Current Employee - Sales Support  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Flexible hours and easy schedule for part sales support. They are also super accommodating with employee's that also serve in the military (which should be the case any ways).

Cons

Fastenal has lower than industry average base pay. As a sales support part time employee it is actually about par for the course. They also work the sales team longer than normal hours (45 plus a week).

Try and consider staggering the sales team and sales support work schedule. Have one employee work morning shift (7:00 till 3:00 pm) and the other employee work the afternoon shift (9:00 to 5:00 pm). It should never be expected for a person to work more than 45 hours a week unless they are hourly or if they make considerably better money.

There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!