Fastenal

www.fastenal.com

Not bad, but also not a viable career choice for most

Part Time Support (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosthe pay for part time is decent ($12/hr to start). The job is pretty easy, recieve the truck in the monring, put stuff away, and answer the phone for the rest of the day. Not much product knowledge is needed. I came in knowing very little but they do a good job teaching and theres even a Fastenal school of business that they urge you to complete and you can do so on company time.

ConsLack of part-time hours. I was told before I started that I would have a full time postition within a month or 2. It has now been 8 months and I'm still waiting. The job itself isnt bad but in order to want to stay here they have to promote people or give raises. All the DM's care about are sales dollars and not much more.

Advice to Senior Managementwhat you have going is working for now but it seems there is not enough incentive to want to stay here unless you somehow make it to manager. Even the Outside sales guys complain that pay and commission structure here sucks. Raise the commission percentage and add more incentive for employees and maybe more employees will stay.

Good employer, but the pay is horrible.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winona, MN

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros: Room for advancement, benefits are good Cons: VERY few pay raises, salaries are below average Advice to Senior Management: FIX THE PAY RAISE SYSTEM! More

Good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winona, MN

I worked at Fastenal

Pros: The people were very flexible with work hours. Cons: Way too much work given to part time people. Advice to Senior Management: None. More
There are newer reviews on Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!