Fastenal
www.fastenal.com Winona, MN 5000+ Employees

Okay for Part-Time but upper management is terrible at Fastenal

Sales Support (Former Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Fastenal part-time for more than 3 years

Pros$10 hourly is not bad for a part-time job while in school.
Fairly easy entry to get your foot in the door for sales, if that's what you want.

ConsDistrict managers are terrible and do not support their managers or stores at all. DM's and RVP's consistently tear down their sales people at the store level who do the hard work day in and day out, and then expect success out of us. Company prides itself on the GM's being the "manager of your own business" but in reality they have no control over it and if you're not the District Manager's robot they'll force you out. It's no mystery why Fastenal has a bad reputation for employee dissatisfaction!

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your stores and sales people and actually help them succeed! Sending threatening emails multiple times a day is what Fastenal has conditioned their District Managers to do... it's not good management!! Maybe, just maybe, point out the positives in store sales growth, margin, etc, instead of pounding nothing but negativity into our heads every day.

Good start for sales career

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Sarasota, FL

I worked at Fastenal part-time for more than a year

Pros: Fastenal is interested in developing a strong sales force. When you obtain to a position of outside sales you… Cons: Give employees a more formal training program. Advice to Senior Management: Regional Managers should work more closely with the General store managers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Inside Sales

Columbus, OH

I have been working at Fastenal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fun, laid back atmosphere, good hours Cons: poor pay, go through phases of being greatly pressured to… Advice to Senior Management: give back more to employees and ease up successful stores No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fastenal CEO Will Oberton. All reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees.