Fastenal

www.fastenal.com
  www.fastenal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Starts off decent, then they suck you dry!

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Denver, CO
Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Denver, CO

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sales trainee started off decent. Fair pay, plus you got paid overtime. Very extensive sales training and product knowledge. Mostly good people you work with. It is a good job to dip your hands in a wide variety of indusrties to figure out where you would like to pursue a REAL career.

Cons

Becoming more and more corporate ran. As you advance, you work harder and longer and get paid less. In the three years I was there the pay structure changed numorus times and the salesmen got paid less and less. Turnover rate is very bad, but that is typical for a sales position. Once sales trainee is complete you make salery and work 50 hours a week and do not get paid overtime. All the company cares about is growth and their stock holders. The company needs to go back to its roots and realize that it is the salesmen that drive the business. If you don't pay them well, they won't sell well. Stop trying to grow so much, so fast, and invest in your employees!! Oh, and stop giving us a stupid box of candy for a Christmas bonus. REALLY!!

Get out!! you work hard and grow your business and then they split it in half and give it to a new guy and you loose half your pay!

670 Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal (View Most Recent)

Decent entry job for industrial sales

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Fastenal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

decent benefits and good flexibility

Cons

Upper management does not care about employees. To the management above the GM level, you are just an expendable number.

Stop coming up with ways to pay us less

part-time position is good for me

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Fastenal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great for college students and learning about sales in a growing industry of a normal nuts and bolts company throughout the world and nationwide

Cons

Need better compensation for the work that gets done around the warehouse. Its a good entry level job but not for the long term

Hope to get bigger raises

There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal