Fastenal
www.fastenal.com Winona, MN 5000+ Employees

Not Impressed

Sales Support (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

ProsPay is average (if you work overtime) and full benefits are nice. Flexible schedule in some cases. Advancement is based on sales numbers which makes sense, you do get what you work for.

ConsBeing a women in this company makes advancement seem unlikely if you are not living near or able to drive to corp. head quarters. Can't help but feel the 'good old boys' atmosphere EVERYDAY. When someone doesn't hit sales numbers for some reason they don't get fired they just get moved around to a different store or a different position. I understand that thought process if it's happening just once but for it happen to someone multiple times and they are never let-go or removed from sales... at some point management should man up and fire/demote the person.

OVERWORKED/UNDERPAID

OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee)
    Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Fastenal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great sales training and a lot of independence. Flexible for part… Cons: Both salary and hourly employees are expected to work 50… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your salespeople. They are in contact with the customer on a regular basis and know… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great starting spot for someone looking for sales experience

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Fastenal full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Sales Experience Relationship building Team building Goal driven Cons: Structure of how Fastenal goes to market Compensation Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fastenal CEO Will Oberton. All reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees.