neutral

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Very decentralized, so you get a fair amount of leeway in how you run your book of business, depending on who your manager and district manager is.

Cons

10 hour days... if you keep your growth up you can make good money... If you hit a wall and stop growing or you have even a bad month your commission decreases GREATLY. You are also responsible for making sure your customers pay their bill. If they go over 90 days delinquent they take the commission back... and even if the customer eventually pays they don't give you the commission back. Also, the way you are scored and paid changes ALOT.

Stop changing the way branches function, as well as how commission is paid so much.

Other Reviews for Fastenal

Good Experience

Current Employee - Sales Support  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Fastenal part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good job to have in college. Gave me a broad understanding of distribution. Gained experience in receiving, sourcing, quoting prices, placing orders, delivering products, customer service, and retail. No doubt that this led to my first internship in supply chain.

Cons

7am starts are not fun while in college. Other than that, it really depends on your general manager, and there is a high turnover rate. I worked for three GMs in one year... some I liked working for... some I didn't.

Fastenal has a variety of construction products

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

Great pay hourly
    Get to learn a lot of different products

Cons

Management was really unorganized, was supposed to have an internship there and they never gave me one after I started working part-time, which they told me I had to do to get an internship. Also didn't really seem to care that I was a student

There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!