There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Somewhat manageable opportunity, but lacking compensation.

Current Employee - Sales Support in Colonial Heights, VA
Current Employee - Sales Support in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at Fastenal part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The competitive retail environment is invigorating if your into competition and beating out your peers. The opportunity to meet interesting clients and grow long lasting relationships benefits the most.

Cons

Management is sometimes a pain, as in their motive behind certain changes the company takes, a particular example is the recent pricing assistance. Furthermore compensation is unbalanced, as commission is based off growth and multiple factors that sometimes are quite hard to change but are counterproductive when focusing on growth.

Advice to Management

Adjust pay and return the freedom that employees had originally in making the correct financial decisions without penalizing them for growing their sales.

Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal

1. Not bad

Pros

Flexible hours for part time

Cons

Low paying, long hours, boring and monotonous.

I use to love my Job :(

Former Employee - General Manager in Walterboro, SC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Walterboro, SC

I worked at Fastenal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is good when you work hard and structure your team

Cons

High turnover rate...long hours...blood ...sweat...and tears

Advice to Management

Communicate with your gm's...be readily available for them bc you may want things to be done one way and they were taught another way...even though we went to fastenal school of business... I was hired with you all and promoted within 2 wks of employment...then 10 mths later with only a part timer bc my osp was on work comp disabiility...promoted to GM..grew a store 154% in a 12 mth timeframe...did not have a DM for over a yr...then new DM comes in an within a year and producing #1 within my region...IM FIRED... Without a warning...NOTHING ...DM walks in one morning and fires the best producing store in southeast SC...what happened to our 4 values...called my RVP and emailed the CEO ...never got justified for anything....if they only knew there previous DM that ran our region gave me permission bc we were a satellite store...so very sad