There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Constantly Learning About new products-rarely a dull moment

I have been working at Fastenal

Pros

I have enjoyed the variety of product we provide and customer interaction. In my position, I source product, cut POs to vendors, quote my customers on new items etc

Cons

at mercy of manager as to how many accounts and what accounts you have. often in warm plants and are not always provided with adequate sales support staff

644 Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal (View Most Recent)

Flexible hours for college employment

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Support in Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Support in Billings, MT

I worked at Fastenal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are flexible for college students and was allowed to set my schedule myself.

Cons

Offered no benefits for part time employees and the hours per week topped out at 30 with no opportunity to pick up more.

Somewhat manageable opportunity, but lacking compensation.

Current Employee - Sales Support in Colonial Heights, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Colonial Heights, VA

I have been working at Fastenal part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The competitive retail environment is invigorating if your into competition and beating out your peers. The opportunity to meet interesting clients and grow long lasting relationships benefits the most.

Cons

Management is sometimes a pain, as in their motive behind certain changes the company takes, a particular example is the recent pricing assistance. Furthermore compensation is unbalanced, as commission is based off growth and multiple factors that sometimes are quite hard to change but are counterproductive when focusing on growth.

Adjust pay and return the freedom that employees had originally in making the correct financial decisions without penalizing them for growing their sales.

There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal