Fastenal
www.fastenal.com Winona, MN 5000+ Employees

Great experience

Outside Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at Fastenal full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is okay, great job for a college grad or someone looking for a good structure. A lot of branch and district managers are supportive and helpful, you can really advance if you put effort in.

ConsDepending where you are, advancement opportunity may not be as easy as in other locations with a lot of stores and growth. Also, not all branch or district managers are good at their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementReinstate bonuses for sales growth, stop following the statistics so much, the company was built on hard working individuals who weren't watched by hawks. Back up and give the osp's some more space to do their jobs using methods they find successful.

It can be a good experience depending on your general manager and district manager

Sales Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Fastenal full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great sales experience, customer interactions, account management. The ability to learn how to source almost anything.… Cons: Managers are not properly trained on how to be an effective manager so your experience will be hit or miss. Pay is below average considering… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Company, Great structure

General Manager (Former Employee)
Summerdale, AL

I worked at Fastenal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Training, support, and guidance from corporate employees is second to NONE for my work experience. Especially rare… Cons: The only slightly questionable part of my experience I suppose… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you do, and MAYBE, just MAYBE hire me… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fastenal CEO Will Oberton. All reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees.