Fastenal
www.fastenal.com Winona, MN 5000+ Employees

Great place to start and build a background

ProsEntry level opportunities, learning sales. Good stores can be a great place to learn the ropes. If you can get in with the right people you can get a job that can be a career.

ConsNo recognition for the abilities of employees. Everyone is looked at based on how long they have been with fastenal or who they know. If you don't get hired for the exact position you want or have experience in you better start making friends with the right people.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake district managers accountable for bad decisions. Ex: bad hires, stores without help, poor accountability for all areas within the company.

Unsustainable growth - taking from employees to prop up stocks

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Fastenal full-time

Pros: Good first job to put something on your resume. Good part time job for high school or college… Cons: -Unsustainable growth through outrageous sales goals YTD and MTD. It's a growth bubble similar to the housing market crisis. -Extremely high turnover due to increasingly fast… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on your employees first, and your stock prices second. Without a happy workforce, your stock prices will suffer eventually. Don't have unrealistic sales expectations.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Worse place I ever worked for. They do not offer employees any reason to stay there. They do not care.

Packaging Plant Peon (Former Employee)
    Rockford, IL

I worked at Fastenal part-time for more than a year

Pros: If you need to miss a lot of work, they are fine with that.… Cons: No raises, no benefits, no structure, higher ups are complete… Advice to Senior Management: Stop taking advantage of employees. They are human too and need to earn a living. I worked there two yrs. with no raise, no benefits.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Fastenal.

Worked for Fastenal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fastenal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Fastenal CEO Will Oberton. All reviews posted anonymously by Fastenal employees.