Fastenal

www.fastenal.com
  www.fastenal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

training is great pay not so great

Former Employee - Sales Support in Twin Falls, ID
Former Employee - Sales Support in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at Fastenal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

training program is great, my store manager was great considerate of time off needed and flexible scheduling, enjoyed the customers

Cons

District manager was very hands off which can be good and bad. He only cared about the numbers not very motivating and not helpful at all with questions or training

There seems to be a disconnect between the stores, competition is good however sometimes teamwork between stores for the good of the customer is needed.

673 Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal (View Most Recent)

Fast paced, great co-workers, understaffed, underpaid, and a stepping stone for sales.

Former Employee - Sales Trainee/Outside Sales in New Iberia, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Trainee/Outside Sales in New Iberia, LA

I worked at Fastenal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience with a large company. Great group of co-workers willing to show you whatever you need, teach you the foundation of sales and what it takes, and help you apply this information for growth.

Cons

Very understaffed with a high turnover rate, creating the potential for customer dissatisfaction, therefore making it likely that you will seem incompetant to the customer. Pay is mediocre with minimal room for growth and a very unbalanced commission percentage.

Pay your personnel a good bit more and address your staffing issues so you can bring down the turnover rate, retaining the experience and knowledge you've assissted in creating in your staff and sales reps, which will provide efficiency and better service to your customers making you more money in the end.

Fastenal doesn't care if you stay or go and don't bother calling HR

Former Employee - Part-Time Fastenal Sales Trainee in Ellensburg, WA
    Former Employee - Part-Time Fastenal Sales Trainee in Ellensburg, WA

I worked at Fastenal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They paid a dollar more than minimum wage.

Cons

HIGH turnover rate because the company sucks for employee structure... meaning... My district manager said "we don't do reviews or give raises at all, to anyone". I was there 9 months. I worked with uneducated idiots who had no idea how to speak to employees or coach or train. In two weeks my district manager was replaced and my store manager quit. I had to work with a coworker who I had called HR on on because he liked to yell at me when know one was around. HR didn't care. Fastenal HONESTLY was the worst company I have EVER worked for. I have never had a company care less about me.... New hires... Good luck!

Pay for uniforms.