Fastenal

www.fastenal.com
  www.fastenal.com
There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal

Fastenal. Move fast. Make money. Move on.

Former Employee - General Manager
Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Fastenal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good money 50k plus. Independence. They will let you move up in the company fast and make a lot of promises. They have great hours of operation in most stores: 7-5. They are a debt free company.

Cons

They promise a lot and don't follow through. This isn't just a one time experience, this has happened to many of my co-workers all across the country. Fastenal like to tell you that if you perform to a certain level, you will get a raise. In reality, you get a raise only when they feel like giving you one. Also, corporate is full of people who think they are high and mighty. Just be weary of the fact that they hold their money tight and their Loyalty is to no one.

Be loyal to your employees. We work hard every day to make you money, return the favor by just being honest about promotions and expectations. Also, don't let a DM from out of state come in and fire an entire district of general managers. That's not good for your reputation.

666 Other Employee Reviews for Fastenal (View Most Recent)

Learned a lot and a lot about myself

Former Employee - Account Specialist
    Former Employee - Account Specialist

I worked at Fastenal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are persistent, thorough and work hard it is hard to not be succesful
    time off is not bad
    endless tools at your disposal to make your job easier if you know where to look
    potential for good commissions if you are in or near a big city

Cons

everyone has to start part time-if that isnt a slap in the face to a new hire I dont know what is
    being passed over for a promised promotion is not uncommon
    when things go bad, it seemed that the culture of the company focused on doom and gloom and scare tactics

In my experience the majority of upper management are great at what they do and are more often than not interested in the development of their reports. Unfortunately it was obvious that sometimes upper management got where they were by only looking out for number 1 when the time came

Good gig if you haven't got a degree.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Support in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Support in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Fastenal part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff, good customer base, generally can make your own schedule.

Cons

Corporate decides to implement programs without any word to it's store level employees, transportation system can be horrendous.

There are newer employer reviews for Fastenal