There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Freight

Good pay for a good days work.

Current Employee - City Driver in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - City Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FedEx Freight

Pros

Good pay and good benifits. Fast paced envirment, which is good, it makes the day go by faster. Most of the equipment is in good shape. Work with good people. Paid vacations and holidays. 401k and quarterly bonuses.

Cons

The hours aren't good when you first start, but that is with any job. you have to put in your time to get a good shift. You mostly work nights at first. The management does try to push more out of you everyday. It's never enough. When you work the dock, and you will work the dock, especially when you first start there, you have quotas. You have to run so many bills per hour and so many reweights or atleast attemps per day. That gets old. Everyday when you start your shift they will give you a shift meeting and tell you how many bills per hour you ran and how many reweights you had. Somedays you just want to put in a good days work and not worry about a quota.

Think about your actions before you react. Ask yourself, "How will my actions reflect on my employees?" You know, "The Purple Promise and People First." We would like to see more of that.

160 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Freight (View Most Recent)

Overall FedEx Freight is a good place to work!

Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at FedEx Freight

Pros

The pay was very good and the benefits were also very good. I enjoyed the type of work since it was in a fast paced enviroment which made your work day go by very fast. The job itself was very repetitive but the actual products you were moving were always different which made the job interesting.

Cons

The shift was a downside of working for fedex freight. My schedule was from 8pm until 3am when I was first hired on. As I worked there a little longer by hours got better when I moved to 4pm until midnight.

Explain to your employees the opportunities to advance. I was never clear on what exactly my next step should be in trying to advance.

Fed Ex cares more about share holders than employees. Fed Ex #1. Goal is supposedly to "Take Care of Our People"

Current Employee - City Driver / Sales Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - City Driver / Sales Associate in Tampa, FL

I have been working at FedEx Freight

Pros

Fed Ex has good benefits and a good hourly wage. $22.43 per hour top out, after three years

Cons

Hours have been cut drastically, Im only working 10-15 hours per week. Fred Smith CEO of Fed Ex took a 20% pay cut out of his 1.5 million dollas salary, but he gets 24 milion per year in stock options. Bu cutting overhead Managers 5 - 10% pay cut and hourly employees ny some 50- 80% cut in pay by reduction of hours worked. The stock will go up and his 20% salary reduction will be offset and even gain him more by the reduction in expenses creating a more attractive stock price to shareholders which in turn protects upper level senior managements stock options and secures thier retirement nest eggs while us guys and gals at the bottom get our 401k match cancelled for a year! along with no cost of living increases or pay raises!, but we should still come in work hard for the 10 - 15 hours and feel great about the company??

Take care of your full time employees. Us guys at the bottom are starving! Ive been here for years and it is tough to pay my bills when im only working 10 - 15 hrs a week. Im behind on all bills. My credit score has dropped over 100 points.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Freight