There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Freight

Steady good paying work if you can put up with Corporate BS

Current Employee - City Driver  in  Roseville, MN
Current Employee - City Driver in Roseville, MN

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay even if inexperienced. Steady work. I get 40 hours most weeks even in the winter. Summers offer overtime opportunities and road pay opportunities. Weekend work is optional.

The company promoted me from the dock to a driver position and the training they provided was reasonably good.

Cons

Management cares more about speed and their numbers than whether things are done right. You need to make sure you are working safely even if you may catch flak for going slowly.

The incompetence of supervisors can make your job very stressful, but as long as you insist on doing things safely and have no accidents the stress leaves the moment you're out the door.

You will start as a driver on call. You have weekends off, but the on call schedule means having a social life during the week is out of the question.

Dock supervisors and dispatchers need to get paid more. They work 13 hour days for the same pay as drivers. It is no wonder there is a corner cutting attitude and the most talented drivers do not move into management. Less overworked supervisors would make things much better for city drivers and dockworkers.

156 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Freight (View Most Recent)

P+D DRIVER

Current Employee - City Driver  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - City Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at FedEx Freight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Day shift, home daily, good pay, top rate is $24.50, decent 401k + small pension, 2 health options, one very expensive, one cheap but with very high deductible.

Cons

micro managed by people in an office on the other side of the country who have no idea about freight or routing, drivers are treated like expendable pieces of equipment, in the slow season, up to %20 of drivers told to stay home for lack of work. Quality of work doesn't matter, only seniority. Generally you are treated like a piece of meat to be used up and discarded at will. I've been here 6 years, doubt I'll make it to retirement. %10 of drivers out on comp at any time, blown back, knees etc. Equipment maintenance passable, lots of older tractors though, not as good as you might expect.

listen to the people on the street and you might learn something, but you won't, you are too worried checking if the color of my socks matches my belt,

Learned a ton and met great contacts for life.

Current Employee - Field Operations Intern  in  Sunnyvale, TX
    Current Employee - Field Operations Intern in Sunnyvale, TX

I have been working at FedEx Freight as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Open door environment, access to all systems for learning, great hardworking people, upper level management very supportive and helpful

Cons

worked all different types of shifts at all different hours...some management disconnected, but you'll find that at any company.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Freight

Worked for FedEx Freight? Contribute to the Community!