FedEx Ground

Great

Former Employee - Tug Driver/Material Handler in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Tug Driver/Material Handler in Memphis, TN

I worked at FedEx Ground

Pros

Good hours, Coutesy people, Proper managment, Great employee benefit package and people working together. Great maint. department,Excellet senior managment and managment rewarding team members with food and etc.

Cons

my reported tug was often missing causing me a delay on my work. People not knowing what they are supposed to do

It's a great place to work considering all the benefits. My instructor was excellent in training me. I am an eperience tug driver but will take a material handling job.

618 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Ground (View Most Recent)

Great Company, Supervisors are the Best

Current Employee - Package Handler in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Portland, OR

I have been working at FedEx Ground

Pros

-Benifits after 1000 hours(FULL)
    -Easy to get time off except during peak season. You will be there everyday all of November and December. You do get the holidays off but no exstended vacation.
    -Paid vacation
    -25 cent raise at 1 3 6 and 9months and 50 cents at 1 year and every year after.
    -Work hard and become a good package handler, you will get noticed and will get more hours.
    -promote from within. Makes managers easy to work with and are really god people.

Cons

-Work load can vary. Light and quick days or very heavy and long days. Your assingment may be worse than others and may not get help.
    -Other workers can be slow, thus giving you a bigger work load. They will need help.
    -A person can load 400/hr everyday and build great walls and never break a safety rule and another can load 200/hr build horrible walls, throw boxes and break rules constantly and whine all the time. The pay is the same. Not much can be done sometimes to make this improve. Management does try though.

Keep doing what your doing. But find more ways to reward the hardest workers. Mainly the ones that have been there a while. It can be very hard working in the trailers and bringing it for that long.

it was cool while in school

Current Employee - Package Handler in Watsonville, CA
    Current Employee - Package Handler in Watsonville, CA

I have been working at FedEx Ground

Pros

it was high paying think less job it was flexible with hours so i was able to finish school soon.

Cons

hard labor, didn't get to interact with co workers benefits take a long time to get and you never get praise for your hardwork

work your butt off and work there a long time you might just make it to the top level position which is good.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Ground