FedEx Ground

www.fedex.com
  www.fedex.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Ground

Why is Ground paying for other OPCO's poorformance?

Current Employee - Manager in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Manager in Providence, RI

I have been working at FedEx Ground

Pros

Job stability is good..no layoffs and runs lean operation

Cons

5% salary cut and 10% of bonus plan eliminated...also changed program to make unattainable for future..no 401k match (suspended)...changing mof pension from traditional to cash balance plan

Don't understand why profitable division suffers for ineffeincy in other divisions. Compensation changes unfairly punishes managers in Ground division since more of bonus pay is into salary. Used to be called incentive and was based of facilty performance. Now called bonus based on EPS. No control over it..other OPCO in corparation have only 3% in bonus.

605 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Ground (View Most Recent)

You may want to consider working at UPS.

Former Employee - Loader in North Jackson, OH
    Former Employee - Loader in North Jackson, OH

I worked at FedEx Ground

Pros

FedEx ground is a good place to work if your are in management or you are a driver. These employees get a decent wage and have an average to slightly above average job satisfaction.

Cons

They want you to work at an efficency level that is nearly impossibile. If you work as a loader, they will send you packages at a pace that is so fast that you will not know how to keep up with. They expect you to work like a slave for a small amount of money.

They need to pay the loaders more money so that they will actually try their best while working. When you get paid eight dollars an hour to do a very tedious job, your motivation level is extremely low.

HIGH TURNOVER RATE A RESULT OF POOR AND STRENUOUS WORKING CONDITIONS

Former Employee - Package Handler in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Portland, OR

I worked at FedEx Ground

Pros

This is a great job for students looking for a summer job, or extra work on the side. When I was there, you usually worked about 4 hours a day, and your monthly paycheck is about 400 to 450. They'll let you off when their goals have been met, and will cut you early if your shift is slower then other shifts while balancing the remaining freight to be sorted by faster shifts.

I was a Package Handler at their Swan Island location. Portland sees all fours seasons, and seasonal extremes Prepare for the elements, you work through the heat and the cold.

The benefits are okay. They'll provide tuition assistance, and as a college student, this goes a long ways. Other then that, most of the people who work here tend to live paycheck to paycheck, or are students needing extra cash. Upward mobility is very limited.

Cons

This location had such a high turnover rate; I was only there for 3 months. The work is pretty intense, and you should finish about one truck per hour... hopefully five a shift per person.

Hire more workers to handle the work load. You need more spotters removing large objects and hazardous materials to keep the package handlers working smoothly.

Also, reward employees for exceeding sorting goals with something other then pizza; we're the fastest sort in the country and we're not middle schoolers. Find other ways to reward us.

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Ground