FedEx Ground

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Ground

Education is key

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Orlando, FL

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They support students and encourage them to pursue being promoted to management. Apply for as many positions without any restrictions. Great benefits. Employees literally get a whole website full of benefits from restaurants to car warranty. They hire from within so no outside competition (that I know of). Managers and supervisors are very approachable.

Cons

Very physical and demanding. Not for the weak. Pursue your education, so you can apply for promotions as soon as your 90 day probationary period is over.

Hire or train lower tier managers, such as operations managers to be more engaging with their workers.

618 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Ground (View Most Recent)

Not terrible, not great

Former Employee - Package Handler in Grove City, OH
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Grove City, OH

I worked at FedEx Ground part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is very nice, starting off at 11.50 for their midnight sort. The floor managers aren't bad, they're pretty cool for the most part.

Cons

While the pay is good, you're also being worked like a dog with your quotas constantly being raised. My personal experience there was unpleasant, I had hurt my back and they cut me no slack when I came back.

Be more careful with your injured employees, you run the risk of furthering injury when you push.

The pay is decent but it can be a stressful environment.

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Keasbey, NJ
    Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Keasbey, NJ

I have been working at FedEx Ground part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent and if you don't like sitting for 8 hours a day this job keeps you active and can get you in better shape. There are many options for what hours you would want.

Cons

Training is basically learning by doing. It can be a stressful environment if there is too much work for that day.

Have a better training program. Most of the training I got was common sense but when I needed to actually learn specific of my job I was told "You'll get the hang of it after a while."

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Ground