It's OK, pays the bills

Former Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Clerk in Chicago, IL

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

sometimes interesting customers make for good interaction

Cons

expectations of turn-a-round times, production equipment being down,

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The work is simple but the management is killing the company.

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Kent, WA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

You'll get 70% off on express shipping and 50% off on ground shipping. Being open 24 hrs in many locations also allows for flexibility in scheduling.

Cons

Fedex may be great at processing packages and coordinating their shipping but they are terrible at production. The equipment is old and broken and printers are run years and years past their lifespans so that the most basic tools you need to work are not available. All quality/service problems are viewed as a matter of processing that can only be solved with their cumbersome software not by providing adequate tools. I've been told directly by executives that Kinko's was only bought for the retail space and Office hasn't had a profitable year since the purchase.

Advice to Management

Stop running the Office division. You've taken the leading brand of the industry and run it into the ground. It can't be argued. Sell it back to someone who understands the print business and just maintain an exclusive deal on your shipping stations at each location. If that's not an option, stop trying to consolidate everything into centralized systems. Your competitors are still using handwritten order forms and they're killing you.

Very stressful place to work. Never fully staffed, customers very angry, a very hostile environement

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

This is a hard question for me coming from a teamember who has worked over ten years there and has suffered greatly. If I were to chose a reason it would be that they atleast give you 32 hours so that you can stilll get your benefits. If they can't they can move you to a differnet store where you can get your full hours. You get 70% off on most shipping which is nice. It is usually not a probllem to get time off but you have to keep fowling up.

Cons

The only way to get a significant jump in salary is to get into management. I have worked outside of management for nine years and only managed to get $2 raise in salary since I started in 2002. Guess what I'm not management material and I'm currently looking for a new job since inflation has surpassed my salary. Cant pay my bills with a $12 an hour salary in Nor CA.

Advice to Management

They should spend more money to get a full staff working. It is almost impossible to please customers with a staff of only two people when we really need four. Hurts employee and customer moral. Management thinks by cutting the staff they can make more profit but what they don't realize is that a fulll staff can give a better "Purple Promise" and that is to make every customer's experience outstanding. I think eventuallly we are going to have less and less customer's feeling like the are having a good customer service or any customer service experience based on a scantly staff.