There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Loads of work for little pay

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at FedEx Office

Pros

Benefits, Bonuses, Team Work, Stability

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, crazy hours, no regard for your personal life

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to the ones that count- your front line. The team members in your centers are the base of the company. They are what the customer sees, hears, and why the customer decides to return. I feel that sometimes you forget just how important your hard workers at a center level are.

reviews filtered by
  1. Challenging becaseu the company continues to change direction and can't settle on one way to communicate

Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at FedEx Office

Pros

Excellent boss, and great pay and benifits

Cons

Constant Chanage even with the most basic expectations

Tons of employee abuse company wide

Current Employee - Production Operator in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Honestly this company does come with very nice medical, dental and vision benefits. 80% Coverage for most stuff. 90% for some things and a few freebies. Also it does pay mileage, it's a bit of a pain paper work wise but if you end up traveling at all for a job there they'll pay for it. So that's pretty nice.

Cons

I haven't even been with the company for that long, about 5 years and even I think it's a former shell of it's self. Before this job I used to think myself a cynical pessimist but now I have found a master to learn from. This company is the most disorganized self destructing logistics based company I have seen. I an totally serious, in a conference call managers meeting I listened to a higher up from corporate literally put their fingers in their ears and say "la la la la la la" when they didn't want to hear about a complaint that someone had about having to work off the clock inorder to get what corporate wanted done. And the truly sad thing is that things may have gotten worse because of the poor economy but then we still regularly get emails on a biweekly basis about both the company doing awesome, even making an additional 50 million dollars above the usual 15% increase that quarter, and the next week how team members are doing enough to help save the starving company and that there's new mandatory training with slashed payroll budgets.

Advice to Management

Ok the very first thing you should do is get rid of the executive that's in charge of customer service. She is by far the least respected person in the company for good reason. Here so called leadership is word for word out of the book "How to run a corporation for dummies". That's not an insult, it's actually fact. I remember an email from her (our so called customer service leadership) about how she was recently traveling by airplane and had an nice conversation with her first class seat partner about a book he was reading. The book sounded so wonderful and was so impressed with it's business theories that she was excitedly announcing that she was making changes to the company as per the books suggestions. (company leadership crosses off daily employee moral beat down off the list)

And secondly it's been years with this massive flow of information of metrics and changes and procedures and lions and tigers and bear, OH MY! How about this for an idea, change the direction of the flow of information and give something new a try since in the last 5 years less than 5% of corporates ideas haven't worked. Instead of more POM charts and such, the stores provide information, such as what is and isn't selling, and then use that to try and calculate what we need. Just a crazy little idea, instead of corporate constantly saying what our output should be, see what our actual output is and adjust to fit what the local demand is for those products. I've always hated this idea of trying to force the stores to become what the reports from corporate wants the stores to be in order to fit corporates needs weather the local market can even support that or not. How about we try to change the stores to what the local markets needs are.