Production Coordinator

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Skokie, IL
Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Skokie, IL

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Tuition reimbursement. Gives me the opportunity to help people out.

Cons

Pay sucks been there for six years and got promoted two times and my pay jumped 2.00 dollars , Management got worsted. Very strict policy at the work place. Like its military ran. Very stressful. Pretty much got ride of bonuses.

Advice to Management

Only thing trickles down is stress.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

1. What is Corporate Thinking?

Current Employee - Center Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Center Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The offer tuition reimbursement which has helped me get through school without loans. Easy money for the tasks required.

Cons

Cutting Hours-I started with 40 hours a week, and every couple of months they force our managers to take us down to 38, then 36, now we aren't allowed to accrue more than 32 hours. What's worse? We have forced lunch breaks. We get written up if we don't clock out for 30 minutes, even on 3 hours shifts! I'd rather just leave early or come in later than sit in the back doing nothing for 30 minutes. We have employees quitting because they can't pay their bills with these hours, and instead of replacing them, instead of allowing us to work more hours, and instead of paying us more, they just have most of us working alone on shifts that should ahve at least three people, often leaving the customers less than satisfied. Ridiculous Expectations (Sales and Rules)- Every week there's a new rule. One week it's forbidded to do something, the next we're requried to do it. We have to upsell pack and ship, the POM, our signs and graphics sale, AND business edge to EVERY customer or we get written up. The customers complain about this more than we do! We also have to ALL say "Welcome to FedEx Office" to each customer that walks in. This is obnoxious and the customers often respond with "geez!". Customers- I've worked in customer service for 8 years and I've never met such angry, and I'll say it, dumb customers. Yes we have normal customers too, but the average customer doesn't know what they want and gets mad at us when we don't either. Customers often complain of the prices and ask for us discount or want us to do something that takes several hours "right now." Then there are the customers who want computer tutoring (I came to send an email, but I don't know how to do that), which we aren't staffed to do. Security Cameras-The security cameras aren't used for security, they're used to monitor our behavior. I was once got written up because when my manager was reviewing the videos he saw my coworker "kicking a fedex box" (pushing a heavy box to the back with his foot because he couldn't lift it), and I was just standing there instead of telling him to stop. Is this why the cameras are put in place?

Advice to Management

Happy employees make happy customers. All of my coworkerd are unhappy, upper management keeps getting terribly sick (I assume from stress) or quitting unexpectedly. The customers are getting greeted by sour and unhappy workers, instead of receiving good customer service. Focus on the important things, like satisfying our customers, repeat business, etc. Instead, we are getting written up because we forgot to tell the guy that came in to fax that we "also provide pack and ship." I once had a DM tell us that if we aren't getting complaints (regarding forcing people to buy pack and ship instead of dropping off their boxes), then we aren't doing our jobs correctly. Great business techniques...

2. good company

Current Employee - Center Customer Service Associate in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Center Customer Service Associate in Duluth, GA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good company to work for, flexible with scheduling

Cons

company cuts hours during the summer,

Advice to Management

stop setting impossible sales goals