FedEx Office

www.fedexoffice.com
  www.fedexoffice.com
There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

What is Corporate Thinking?

Current Employee - Center Specialist in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Center Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The offer tuition reimbursement which has helped me get through school without loans. Easy money for the tasks required.

Cons

Cutting Hours-I started with 40 hours a week, and every couple of months they force our managers to take us down to 38, then 36, now we aren't allowed to accrue more than 32 hours. What's worse? We have forced lunch breaks. We get written up if we don't clock out for 30 minutes, even on 3 hours shifts! I'd rather just leave early or come in later than sit in the back doing nothing for 30 minutes. We have employees quitting because they can't pay their bills with these hours, and instead of replacing them, instead of allowing us to work more hours, and instead of paying us more, they just have most of us working alone on shifts that should ahve at least three people, often leaving the customers less than satisfied.

Ridiculous Expectations (Sales and Rules)- Every week there's a new rule. One week it's forbidded to do something, the next we're requried to do it. We have to upsell pack and ship, the POM, our signs and graphics sale, AND business edge to EVERY customer or we get written up. The customers complain about this more than we do! We also have to ALL say "Welcome to FedEx Office" to each customer that walks in. This is obnoxious and the customers often respond with "geez!".

Customers- I've worked in customer service for 8 years and I've never met such angry, and I'll say it, dumb customers. Yes we have normal customers too, but the average customer doesn't know what they want and gets mad at us when we don't either. Customers often complain of the prices and ask for us discount or want us to do something that takes several hours "right now." Then there are the customers who want computer tutoring (I came to send an email, but I don't know how to do that), which we aren't staffed to do.

Security Cameras-The security cameras aren't used for security, they're used to monitor our behavior. I was once got written up because when my manager was reviewing the videos he saw my coworker "kicking a fedex box" (pushing a heavy box to the back with his foot because he couldn't lift it), and I was just standing there instead of telling him to stop. Is this why the cameras are put in place?

Happy employees make happy customers. All of my coworkerd are unhappy, upper management keeps getting terribly sick (I assume from stress) or quitting unexpectedly. The customers are getting greeted by sour and unhappy workers, instead of receiving good customer service. Focus on the important things, like satisfying our customers, repeat business, etc. Instead, we are getting written up because we forgot to tell the guy that came in to fax that we "also provide pack and ship." I once had a DM tell us that if we aren't getting complaints (regarding forcing people to buy pack and ship instead of dropping off their boxes), then we aren't doing our jobs correctly. Great business techniques...

715 Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office (View Most Recent)

three year sentence suffering is over

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

getting laid off, But really,its hard to live on 1600 a month when putting up with a rule loving henchman

Cons

working with homly people with sub-par intellect that make more than you with their ''manager title'' 25 years of experience glazed over a false job title to keep my wage low!

hope that thru the cloud of managers they do not shut off your internet surfing . enough with the diversity, hire talent not skin color.

Trainwreck......A consistence of inconsistency

Current Employee - Center Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Center Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Easy, mindless work, Learn Adobe Software for free, shipping discounts, Verizon Wireless Cell Phone Discounts

Cons

Corporate Office very inconsistent, MD's and DM's are pointless and appear useless. Ridiculous revenue ideas for example Product of the month is cell phone car chargers????? Really What market are we really in????

Remove all the middle Management DM's and MD's use their salary savings in paying highly skilled Center Managers and employees more money, give us more payroll, bring back District trainers, bring back team member bonus program, stop trying to do and expect more with less. The costant conference calls of beat downs kills MORALE!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office