There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Do more with less and like it or leave!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, tuition reimbursement, average pay for center team members. Most centers work pretty well as a team environment.

Cons

Mgmt expects top notch customer service when they've slashed staff and can't retain new talent because of the added stress being short staffed causes.

Advice to Management

We are a prining and shipping company, not a retail giant like staples. Bring PSP back to people-service-profit, not profit-service-people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fedex Office is a mixed bag of management that is elitist and mediocre, while the benefits are becoming slimmer.

Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist
    Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work with Fedex Office is the flexible time to organize your life and work a autopilot like job, if you have a rockin' management team as I did. If your applying to a store without a laissez-faire management style, don't waste your energy with this company.

Cons

This company has threads of elitism. It is very difficult to move up in this company. One could spend three years in customer service making small and large sales. Typically the large sales would be handled by an field account executive (FAE). In my experience, my FAE left much to be desired, so I found that I could do aspects of that job as well. I then applied for an FAE job, stating such experience and continually had the door slammed in my face as I lacked "experience". Yet, HR hires FAEs straight from the street. Similar threads of elitism exist, as I have seen managers and employees treated very poorly that they walked out or gave notice. There are too much elitist attitudes and communication issues from the poor work life balance of mediocre "dead" management.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring and place trust in your employees. I had too many managers surf facebook while I worked 10 to 18 hour days. Train your management team to actively engage the team to unify the store so that it operates seamlessly, or get a new manager. Too many disconnects to make this behemoth a fiscally sounds enterprise as Fedex posts lower than expected 3Q 2012 results.

Run away while you can

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Burlington, VT

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some great customers that you enjoy seeing on a regular basis and some great co-workers that make it tollerable to come to this place everyday.

Cons

Where to start...I was hired at $10.00 for 40 hours a week. By the time i signed my acceptance letter it was $11.00 an hour at 32 hours a week. Dissapointing for my only income but was told that I would have plenty of opportunity to pick up extra hours. My awesome manager that held everyone equally responsible was moved to a bigger store and our new manager is new, never managed a day in his life and is sinking instead of swimming, no matter how great of a person he is the managing skills are lacking. We are understaffed, overworked but not enough to get overtime r even 40 hours a week but just enough to make you exhausted from all the shift changes. Our store is remote and has no sales supports, no delivery support but we are still expected to meet the same deliveries for major accounts and the same sales goals, and when we don't we get our hours cut yet again. Employees who don't do their job, show up late, take long lunches without saying anything, tell customers confidential company information and are just lacking in common sense are not punished but reqarded by getting extra long vacations, whatever shift they want, get to go home early for special events while the hard working employees pick up the slack and constantly fix his mistakes. The management is happy to take credit for things we do good but if we mess up they have no problem throwing us under the bus when it's jobs we shouldn't even be doing in the first place. Bonus's are gone and corporate expects us to make up the difference by selling unwanted crappy POM's that we rotate on a tri monthy basis so the market is over saturated an no one wants a stupid thumb drive for 12.99 when they can get one at Best Buy for half the price without having them pushed on them like crack. Oh and for all my hard work I get a 3% raise once a year IF I get a high enough score on my review.

Advice to Management

Train your managers, make sure they are following through with behavioral disapline when needed and stop changing policies every other week.