There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

Do more with less and like it or leave!

Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Center Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, tuition reimbursement, average pay for center team members. Most centers work pretty well as a team environment.

Cons

Mgmt expects top notch customer service when they've slashed staff and can't retain new talent because of the added stress being short staffed causes.

Advice to Management

We are a prining and shipping company, not a retail giant like staples. Bring PSP back to people-service-profit, not profit-service-people.

Other Employee Reviews for FedEx Office

1. Fedex Office is a mixed bag of management that is elitist and mediocre, while the benefits are becoming slimmer.

Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist
    Current Employee - Center Production Coordinator to S&G Specialist

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work with Fedex Office is the flexible time to organize your life and work a autopilot like job, if you have a rockin' management team as I did. If your applying to a store without a laissez-faire management style, don't waste your energy with this company.

Cons

This company has threads of elitism. It is very difficult to move up in this company. One could spend three years in customer service making small and large sales. Typically the large sales would be handled by an field account executive (FAE). In my experience, my FAE left much to be desired, so I found that I could do aspects of that job as well. I then applied for an FAE job, stating such experience and continually had the door slammed in my face as I lacked "experience". Yet, HR hires FAEs straight from the street. Similar threads of elitism exist, as I have seen managers and employees treated very poorly that they walked out or gave notice. There are too much elitist attitudes and communication issues from the poor work life balance of mediocre "dead" management.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring and place trust in your employees. I had too many managers surf facebook while I worked 10 to 18 hour days. Train your management team to actively engage the team to unify the store so that it operates seamlessly, or get a new manager. Too many disconnects to make this behemoth a fiscally sounds enterprise as Fedex posts lower than expected 3Q 2012 results.

Sterile, cold environment.

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matching and decent pay if you can get promoted quickly. 1 week paid vacation to start, 2 weeks after working for a year. If you like production/printing , the job can actually be fun.

Cons

Upper management is extremely inconsistent. They change employee requirements all the time and they force employees to try to sell useless garbage to every customer that walks in the door. The forced interactions have made the customer-employee relationship degrade into something lifeless instead of a warm, honest interaction. This trend of "corporatizing" everything seems to be continuing and getting worse with time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "Product of the Month" that we are forced to sell to every customer. When you enact a new policy, stick with it for more than 2 months. Let us focus on serving the customers' needs and doing our work quickly and accurately instead of worrying about getting written up over not greeting one customer.