There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

A good job to have while in college.

Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Former Employee - Production Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

FedEx offers tuition reimbursement up to a certain amount, and also is flexible about scheduling and willing to work with you regarding school schedules and things of the sort.

Cons

Unless you want to go into management, there really aren't very many advancement opportunities. All promotions are relatively small, equating to a dollar per hour raise.

Advice to Management

It would be beneficial to the company to provide greater incentive for selling the "product of the month". 5 dollars for selling 5 reams of paper isn't exactly the best motivator.

reviews filtered by

Sterile, cold environment.

Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Lead Project Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

401k matching and decent pay if you can get promoted quickly. 1 week paid vacation to start, 2 weeks after working for a year. If you like production/printing , the job can actually be fun.

Cons

Upper management is extremely inconsistent. They change employee requirements all the time and they force employees to try to sell useless garbage to every customer that walks in the door. The forced interactions have made the customer-employee relationship degrade into something lifeless instead of a warm, honest interaction. This trend of "corporatizing" everything seems to be continuing and getting worse with time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the "Product of the Month" that we are forced to sell to every customer. When you enact a new policy, stick with it for more than 2 months. Let us focus on serving the customers' needs and doing our work quickly and accurately instead of worrying about getting written up over not greeting one customer.

Not enough pay for what you have to put up with...

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Centerville, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Centerville, OH

I worked at FedEx Office full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of benefits, a decent shipping discount, always accommodated the hours I needed when I was taking classes

Cons

Pay isn't horrible, but it isn't enough for having to deal with the customers that are just plain mean. Training is just computer based training, and the PPA software you have to use is complicated.