There are newer employer reviews for FedEx Office

it's a job during a rough economy

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Plano, TX

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close to home and it's a job

Cons

Not allowed to work from home, hourly mentality, stifles any learning or career advancement opportunities, everything is always an emergency

Advice to Management

Trust your exempt employees. They don't need micromanagement or you hovering over them to make sure they were at their desk at 8am and not 8:01am because they were at home working on an issue.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fedex Office CPC centers have become horrible places for workers

Current Employee - So-called "specialist" in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - So-called "specialist" in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health benefits are okay and we have 401k

Cons

Shortened hours, cut pay, miniscule raises, horrible workloads, ridiculous turn-around times, inferior and inadequate equipment, tiny lunchroom with only a broken card table to eat on and that's practically just a janitor's closet - yeah, that's how much we're valued here

Advice to Management

For god's sake pay people the salaries they deserve! I should be making at least 2 bucks more an hour after all the years I've put into the company and how hard I work. Fedex is using the current state of the economy as an excuse to exploit their workers, overwork and underpay them. That is NOT an exaggeration.

Retail with printing services...

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at FedEx Office full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Health insurance Having the ability of learning how to produce digital projects using Adobe software. The accomplished feeling when you genuinely help a customer in need.

Cons

Staffing, this company can't keep talent employed because we can't pay them enough for what is expected of them to do. Being stretched to thin while still having the expectation of management to provide the "best" customer service. Learning curve for new hires is far to great.

Advice to Management

Get rid of "product of the month". Forcing employees to "sell sell sell" makes for some awkward interactions with customers. We can never match the prowess of Staples or Office Max's retail sections. We need to get back to our core business which is printing. Also stop wasting money by enforcing us to do a "clean and bright" but months done the road completely change it by the "clean sweep". We've wasted payroll dollars by having us change the labels and the cost of label holders needed to do said changes. Most people still don't realize that we were once Kinkos and that we have all the same services plus more. People just don't understand what FedEx Office is, they think it is literally a FedEx office call center for all things FedEx.